Ortho4XP compatibility

emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 1452

Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:28 am

Heraklion is supported by FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool
Please use this tool for optimum impementation of your Ortho4XP tiles with FT-Heraklion

For instructions and download:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13646
ThomasX
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by ThomasX » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am

Hi,

got this

FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window

when I follow the steps in my

zOrtho4XP_+35+025 - folder.

Any ideas?
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 90

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:56 am

ThomasX wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am
Hi,

got this

FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window

when I follow the steps in my

zOrtho4XP_+35+025 - folder.

Any ideas?
The tool looks for folders "terrain" and "textures" in the main ortho4xp folder in the relative path "../../terrain" and "../../textures". (two folders above ,from where the script .py is located. So, either the tool is not in the right place (zortho4XP_+35+025/Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool/Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool.py),
, or the script cannot find the relative path. Usually happens when is executed from a different pc in the network.
ThomasX
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by ThomasX » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for the answer first. Did it, but it does not work. :-( Network is not up to me. Put a picture of my folders so you can see, if I did something wrong.
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 15.49.46.26.png
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 15.49.46.26.png (112.89 KiB) Viewed 5217 times
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 15.46.52.39.png
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 15.46.52.39.png (121.52 KiB) Viewed 5217 times
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 90

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:01 pm

ThomasX wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:50 am
Thanks for the answer first. Did it, but it does not work. :-( Network is not up to me. Put a picture of my folders so you can see, if I did something wrong.
Please open this .bat file with a text editor and correct the paths if needed (python installation path and the script's path). Try to run the script with the corrected .bat file , let me know if it worked
Attachments
execute_Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool.zip
(946 Bytes) Downloaded 156 times
ThomasX
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by ThomasX » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:52 pm

It didn't work. Got this error message. Or did I anything wrong?
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 20.50.57.80.png
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 20.50.57.80.png (131.88 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 20.50.16.39.png
Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.19 - 20.50.16.39.png (118.42 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 90

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:09 pm

ThomasX wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:52 pm
It didn't work. Got this error message. Or did I anything wrong?
Actually I think It did work, no problem with the relative path anymore as the ortho tile is detected. I suppose you have another problem now with Imagemagick installation.
As the readme file says:
Uninstall and re-install a new copy of imageMagick. When prompted during installation for additional tasks, make sure that options "add application directory to your system path" and "Install legacy utilities (e.g. convert)" are checked.
ThomasX
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by ThomasX » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:10 pm

It worked! Thank you very much! Awesome fast and professional support!
hotchillies
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by hotchillies » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:17 am

I have floating objects, I think I may be out of luck with my configuration? I used Ortho4XP 1.3 but with the alternative folder structure it can be set up with. I have shown some of the files I think are relevant:-

E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Earth nav data\+30+020\+35+025.dsf
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\terrain\12272_7008_BI15.ter (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\terrain\12272_7024_BI15_sea_overlay.ter (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\textures\4528_7856.png (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.alt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.apt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.mesh
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.node
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.poly
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Ortho4XP_+35+025.cfg

I think the merged folder structure was caused by using Ortho4XP with backslashes instead of forward slashes in the the 'Base Folder' path field - "e:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\"
hotchillies
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by hotchillies » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Problem sorted, I manually deleted these files
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Earth nav data\+30+020\+35+025.dsf
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.alt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.apt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.mesh
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.node
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.poly
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Ortho4XP_+35+025.cfg

recreated the tile using forward slashes in ortho4xp, then ran the conversion tool in the normal way with the new folder that was created, no more floating objects :-) !
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 90

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:10 pm

hotchillies wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:17 am
I have floating objects, I think I may be out of luck with my configuration? I used Ortho4XP 1.3 but with the alternative folder structure it can be set up with. I have shown some of the files I think are relevant:-

E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Earth nav data\+30+020\+35+025.dsf
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\terrain\12272_7008_BI15.ter (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\terrain\12272_7024_BI15_sea_overlay.ter (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\textures\4528_7856.png (taking a random file as an example)
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.alt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.apt
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.mesh
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.node
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Data+35+025.poly
E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\Ortho4XP_+35+025.cfg

I think the merged folder structure was caused by using Ortho4XP with backslashes instead of forward slashes in the the 'Base Folder' path field - "e:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP\"
I didn't quite understand. Your original Heraklion's Ortho4xp folder should be named zOrtho4XP_+35+025 in the first place. Now, If you placed the tool inside that folder, and if you successfully compiled it, a new folder Photopolys4FlyTampa_+35+025 should be created. Then you must disable or remove the original zOrtho4XP_+35+025 folder. Its all explained in the readme file.
hotchillies
Posts: 4

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by hotchillies » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:13 pm

It's all sorted thanks, posted my fix above in case any one else has this issue. There's two ways to configure ortho4xp, the tool addresses only the main/default way.
teeloo
Posts: 1

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by teeloo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 am

Great conversion tool . Thanks!
Luca_350
Posts: 1

Re: Ortho4XP compatibility

Post by Luca_350 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 pm

good evening together,

I just bought the Heraklion scenery for X-Plane.
By using Ortho4XP, I have some floating objects, which you can see in the appendix.
Does anybody know why?
Thank you in advance

Luca
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.41.png
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.41.png (2.5 MiB) Viewed 4405 times
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.21.png
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.21.png (3.69 MiB) Viewed 4405 times
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.03.png
Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 18.13.03.png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 4405 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (43.32 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
Post Reply