MSFS ship traffic

Querer

MSFS ship traffic

Post by Querer » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:54 am

Hi FlyTampa, will the ship traffic in MSFS be switchable? I already use a AI ship traffic addon that will come with a "live" service sooner or later and I fear that this will result in doubled ships around Corfu if the ship traffic from the scenery can't be disabled. So, will this be optional (or is it already?)

Thanks for a short heads up

Regards
Chris
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: MSFS ship traffic

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:06 pm

You may disable ship traffic by renaming the following file
traffic_ai_vessels_corfu_half_routes.bgl > traffic_ai_vessels_corfu_half_routes.off

this file is located in Community\flytampa-corfu-island\scenery
Querer

Post by Querer » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:44 am

Wonderful, thanks for the hint. Should I also disable this .bgl in any .json file or does this not really matter?

Regards
Chris
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am

I believe it will not cause a problem, but just to be on the safe side you can update the layout.json to reflect the same change.
If this creates a problem you can always comletely remove the .bgl from the folder and store it somehwere. Then in the layout, json, completely remove the entry containing that file, for example delete the following block

{
"path": "scenery/traffic_ai_vessels_corfu_half_routes.bgl",
"size": 411017,
"date": 133027329660000000
},
Steve 66

Post by Steve 66 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 am

The Ferry traffic is great, but seems to be controlled by other means. Is it possible to slow down all these ships? I think they currently outrun my Cessna at 60 knots! :)

Thanks,

Steve