P3Dv5 Elevation and Ground Texture Problem

sv1511

P3Dv5 Elevation and Ground Texture Problem

Post by sv1511 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:56 am

Hi all,

After installing FlyTampa EHAM in my new v5 sim, I can't get it to work right.
There are massive elevation and ground texture issues (see attached images) and none of the usual fixes seem to work.
I've run the v5 update, made sure Amsterdam_LC is correctly installed and placed in the scenery library (right under the airport) and checked that the AFX_Dummy file is correctly installed in Scenery/world/scenery in the P3D base folder. I even tried the fix of moving this file to Scenery/BASE/scenery, but no luck there either.
Since this is v5, ORBX elevation correction is also no longer available.
Any ideas would be very welcome! EHAM is my home and main airport, and I really miss flying into and out of this amazing scenery!

Kind regards,

Sven
Attachments
Elevation
Elevation
Knipsel.JPG (239.87 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
Ground Textures
Ground Textures
Knipsel 2.JPG (263.22 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: P3Dv5 Elevation and Ground Texture Problem

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Did you install via the installer, or manually by just moving files, or used another method?
sv1511

Post by sv1511 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:05 am

Hi Emilios,

I used the simmarket installer (and v5 update) together with the libraries installer recommended on FlyTampa's v5 compatability page.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon May 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Very baffled with this. some objects sit correctly while others are hovering at random heights. The ground is not even present. Where both the EXE and DAT files present while executing the EXE file? I would probably try a re-install.

email me if still not able to get it working
g.emilios@flytampa.org
wsmeier

Post by wsmeier » Mon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I had this same (or similar) issue when I installed it a few weeks ago and found that the entries for Amsterdam were placed too far down in scenery.cfg. I moved them up (and into an add-on.xml file) and the problem went away.

Edit: Though I do see now that you've verified the correct placement of your files, so you're probably seeing a different problem. Sorry.

Edit2: I'm now remembering what happened. Somehow I ended up with 2 entries: one in scenery.cfg way down in the scenery library and one via the add-on.xml method in the proper location near the top. Deleting the Amsterdam and Amsterdam LC entries from scenery.cfg is what fixed it for me.
sv1511

Post by sv1511 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:28 am

I've got some good news, well, at least for you, Emilios.
Turns out that a combination of the new ORBX Central and a beta-build of Black Marble was seriously corrupting my terrain.cfg.
After doing a complete uninstall, manually deleting every trace of P3D from my registry and reinstalling according to the following link, I got everything working again and oh my, does Amsterdam look glorious in V5!
Thanks for thinking with me on this problem, much appreciated!

Terrain.cfg fix:
https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/top ... v5/?page=6
veelo

Post by veelo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi Emillios,

Being not as computer or program savie, I cannot find the solution for the same problem in the mentioned solutions.
I do use ORBX Direct.
In the Scenery Library both Amsterdam and Amsterdam LC are on top. But if I look in the Addons within P3Dv5 they do not appear. I must mention that my P3Dv5 is not on the C drive. So when installing I was advised that the program could not detect the sim automaticly and I had the browse to the correct path and had to add both Amsterdam and Amsterdam LC manualy.

Please advise which files I should upload for you to be able to help me out.

Pieter Veelo
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:00 pm

If your Amsterdam folders are not in the scenery library you will need to add them manually from within P3D scenery editor. You need to select 'Add Area...' and browse to the location of 'FlyTampa\Amsterdam_LC' first, add that to the library. Then follow the same process for the 'FlyTampa\Amsterdam' folder so that finally the scenery library will have both entries in this order

1.Amsterdam
2.Amsterdam_LC
veelo

Post by veelo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Emilios ,

I do have the scenery and LC in right order.

Pieter
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Sorry Pieter, I m not sure I understand the issue. Both Amsterdam entries are correctly set in P3D scenery library, but you do not see the airport in the sim? or?
veelo

Post by veelo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:31 am

Hi Emilios,

I had elevation problems. Busses and apron cars were riding 10 ft above ground and builings were half in the ground.
Last night late I uninstalled all and started from scratch. Now I'm happy to say everything is alright again. Have no idea why this suddenly happened. Unfortunatly I was to late to see the log as I noticed this after a 2 week vacation.
Thanks for your time and effort.

Kind regards
Pieter
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Glad it's sorted !
philuxbown

Post by philuxbown » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:46 am

I had elevation problems.
I installed flytampa amsterdam and the v5 update.
I then went to the scenery option in p3d and deleted the amsterdam entry and then added the amsterdam and amsterdam_lc entry by pointing to the p3d root folder\flytampa\AMSTERDAM and amstersdam_lc folders and it worked.
I have no aig_planes anymore but that is another problem.
philuxbown

Post by philuxbown » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:03 pm

now it works
Attachments
now it works
now it works
Prepar3D-Screenshot-2020.07.08-18.20.13.43.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 775 times