KATL

Eastern Pilot

KATL

Post by Eastern Pilot » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:44 am

Are there any updates on the Atlanta project???

Thanks,
Doug
GotLost1

Re: KATL

Post by GotLost1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am

Hope the project is cancelled and FT moved to something not covered yet. ImagineSim Atlanta is good enough.
Benncpp15

Post by Benncpp15 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am

GotLost1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am
Hope the project is cancelled and FT moved to something not covered yet. ImagineSim Atlanta is good enough.
Imaginesim is never good enough. I can't wait for the Flytampa version.
DNICE The Aviator

Post by DNICE The Aviator » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:48 pm

No disrespect to imaginesim at all. I own two sceneries from them. The quality from FT, FSdreamteam, and Flightbeam cannot be touched. I hope the development of KATL continues to push forward. I do agree that I would like to see some more diversity with the airports that are being developed.
MD_Flier

Post by MD_Flier » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:30 am

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa. As a former Atlanta resident, I can't wait to see ATL given some Flytampa love.

And I'm putting GotLost1 on my 'naughty' list. Bite your tongue, man! lol
wde12

Post by wde12 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:20 am

As a lifelong ATL resident and frequent airport patron, it cannot go overlooked:

1) I used to be a staunch defender of ImagineSim and their attempts at KATL. It only hurts the community when we seem to collectively drive developers with talent AND potential away. KATL showed promise but there have been (and remain) glaring problems in the latest product and their responses awhile back to these problems led me to abandon all defense of their KATL product. That said, their potential really took a big step to fruition in WSSS.

2) But they are still, without question, not on FlyTampa level. Which, like many others, I was ELATED when FlyTampa dropped that beautiful yellow dot over my town.

3) ImagineSim is not going to touch KATL again. The deficiencies alone warrant a FlyTampa development (it is a very popular destination in our geek world and VATSIM coverage is fantastic). MOREOVER, anyone who has visited the airport lately will tell you that the airport is undergoing an enormous facelift. These include, among other things, (1) New terminal and concourse facades / sidings / windows (2) Additions (including new levels) to concourses to facilitate new lounges, such as Delta's flagship Concourse B SkyClub (3) two enormous canopies that cover the North and South Terminals and (4) new jetway / gate distributions (which ImagineSim got wrong with the old configuration).

4) Do not underestimate KATL a/c and destination diversity. KATL gets KoreanAir's 747-8i (is there any Tier 1 developer that sells the -8??. This summer it will get the AirFrance A380 (a plane which will inevitably find its way into P3D), Qatar 77W, Turkish A330 (aerosoft) and perhaps the 77W (again), Delta Maddogs (Leonardo), Delta 717s (TFDi), Delta Airbuses (Flightsimlabs, Aerosoft), Delta 777/737s (duh), and an ENORMOUSLY DIVERSE cargo operation (777Fs, 747-400F, BCF, 747-8F, MD-11, MD-10, 727).

FlyTampa should and WILL see a phenomenal return on investment in this development. The community is going to devour this product. KATL might as well be a blank canvas. FlyTampa is going to crush this, and I GUARANTEE that the likes of GotLost1 will buy it too.
germanflaps

Post by germanflaps » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Eastern Pilot wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:44 am
Are there any updates on the Atlanta project???
A small sign of life would indeed be much appreciated. :)
Can't wait to see some first previews...
Christopher Low

Post by Christopher Low » Thu May 02, 2019 7:01 am

KATL gets KoreanAir's 747-8i (is there any Tier 1 developer that sells the -8??)
If you mean a payware airliner, then PMDG have released the 747-8 as an upgrade package for the 747-400.