autogen probliem with new installers

karjo

autogen probliem with new installers

Post by karjo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:46 am

Hi guys! I noticed after Vienna and Toronto installation with the new installers the autogen in the entire sim is reduced, especially the trees. Flytampa sceneries are not affected.
l I did some testing removing the add-ons.cfg file (that is where all the entries for the flytampa sceneries-libraries are) from the ....user/appdata/roaming/lm/p3d folder and the autogen reappeared as it should! I moved the add-ons.cfg file back to its original location and the problem reappeard. Has anyone else or the developers noticed something like that!
Thanks in advance
Ioannis
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: autogen probliem with new installers

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:15 am

Are you running P3Dv4.4 or older? This was a common problem with previous versions, but I am under the impression it was fixed in 4.3 or 4.4.

You can comment out the autogen section in the Libraries' add-on.xml for now, like this:

<!--
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Autogen</Category>
<Path>Autogen</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
-->

It won't have any effect on current versions of the airports.
karjo

Post by karjo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi Martin! Currently i am running 4.4. The autogen problem appeared first in 4.3 but trying to find a solution i ended up (after reinstalling components) doing i clean installation of 4.4 and i noticed it because i had only the flytampa sceneries installed with the universal installer!
BTW it worked! thank you
curt1

Post by curt1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Martin, I can confirm the same problem, and I'm using P3D 4.4. I just bought Corfu last week using the old style installer, and I had no autogen issues with that. This morning I used the universal installer to update it, and now I'm missing much of my autogen. I'll do as you suggested above, but hope there's a simple cure for this issue. I also have Midway, Buffalo, and Tampa, and I would assume the edit will affect autogen at those airports.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm unable to reproduce the problem here, perhaps you can help us figure out the issue

First re-enable the autogen in Libraries' XML by removing uncommenting <!-- -->

Code: Select all

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Autogen</Category>
<Path>Autogen</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
Then download and replace the file attached to /Prepar3D v4/FlyTampa/Libraries/autogen

Check if you have Autogen at various location in the Sim, like CYUL, EGLL, TNCM.
If not, see next post....
Attachments
default.zip
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:26 pm

If the above default.xml made no difference (no autogen), try the one attached to this post.

Check again if Autogen is back at EGLL, TNCM....

If the Autogen looks ok, try loading SBGL or any other place in south America. See if the Autogen is missing in that region.

PS: This is just a test to help us figure out the issue. Also let us know if you are running stock or other Addons that may that replace Autogen like Orbx.
Attachments
default.zip
(728 Bytes) Downloaded 114 times
karjo

Post by karjo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Well did some testing! Neither default.xml did the job! Let me repeat that the flytampa sceneries don't seem to be affected. It is the autogen (some specific tree types -small vegetation as you can see inn the attached images near lgkv) outside the scenery. I have some orbx/29palms sceneries also installed.
Ioannis
Attachments
2019-3-2_13-24-20-509.jpg
2019-3-2_13-24-20-509.jpg (602.93 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
2019-3-2_13-21-27-503.jpg
2019-3-2_13-21-27-503.jpg (560.91 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Just to confirm, first shot is with Libraries' add-ons.xml autogen section commented out, second is with it active correct?
curt1

Post by curt1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm away from my sim pc until late tomorrow. The autogen that was lost for me was in Orbx scenery in Washington State. I didn't check elsewhere.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:16 pm

I see it now. You can comment out the Autogen section in add-on.xml again. I also updated the Libraries installer, so reinstalling this http://www.flytampa.org/dwl/FlyTampa_Co ... es_P3D.exe will fix the Autogen without needing to edit the file yourself.
karjo

Post by karjo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 am

Correct! First shot is with Libraries' add-ons.xml autogen section commented out, second is with it active!
Thank you again for your response!
Ioannis
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Sorry, forgive me for being a late one to the party. I have noticed myself that there is a serious loss in trees in areas in the sim.

I have seen this at in particular at ORBX EGHI and UK2000 EGKK, I am running the latest library for flytampa in P3Dv4.5.

I have absolutely no knowledge of how to edit XMLs or the like but i was seeing above that in order to get the tree loss resolved i might have to?

I didnt even really think Flytampa would be the cause for an area with zero correlation.

Any extra help on this matter would be great!

Ta
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm

This has been fixed for quite a some time. If in doubt, reinstall the Libraries again from our download page.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm
This has been fixed for quite a some time. If in doubt, reinstall the Libraries again from our download page.
Do you mean reinstall the Libraries and also to apply FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe as well?