Installed Upgrade - What does this message Mean?

canadagoose

Installed Upgrade - What does this message Mean?

Post by canadagoose » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi, just purchased the upgrade from version 1 - version 2. I uninstalled my previous v1.4 and ran the upgrage file and at the end of the installation I got this message:

"Prepar3D is running! Please close the simulator first". I can assure you P3D was NOT running.

Just curious, does anyone know what this means? I opened P3D and went to Montreal. The scenery is in the Library and looks OK to the eye, but how do I know this is v2? The manual says v2 so I assume that it is. I also looked in the scenery folder and noticed there is No "Uninstall" program like most scenery's have. The last CYUL version had one, so I'm just wondering if the full install was not finished when I got the above message.

Regards
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Installed Upgrade - What does this message Mean?

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm

That error, at the very end of the Installation process, if it comes up, can be ignored. Its just the Installer trying to run the FlyTampa-Configurator Tool. At that point the installation is already completed and the airport should be fully working.
canadagoose

Post by canadagoose » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks for the reply. that's good to know. I am also noticing there are many jetways missing throughout the airport. That is another reason I thought maybe there was an incomplete install. I would say only about 20-30% of the gates have jetways. Is there something I need to do with SODE, which I have installed?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am

Did you select SODE in the config tool?
Installed the latest version of SODE?
canadagoose

Post by canadagoose » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 am

That was it! I switched SODE on and every gate has a jetway Thanks so much or your patience with this. I must say this scenery is so awesome even without the jetways.

Regards