Very low FPS at CYYZ

sunnya

Very low FPS at CYYZ

Post by sunnya » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:37 am

Hi FlyTampa,

I've purchased CYYZ during the Cross the Pond sale :D however, I am experiencing pretty low FPS in the airport itself as well as approaching the airport. It goes from 50 to 30 and approaching runway I get a pretty significant stuttering and FPS down to 16-17. This happens day or night. I maybe loose 2 FPS if flying at night...
The interesting thing is that I don't have this problem with other airports, except KBOS, which is also yours :) . I've spent roughly half a day changing the settings in the FlyTampa configuratior, literally from everything unchecked to everything checked and there is almost no difference in performance. I know for a fact my P3D settings are okay, because i do not have any issues with low that low fps on other airport. I also own EHAM, LOWW, EKCH (FlyTampa) airports and the performance is much better.

So the question here is: Is there any suggestion how to improve performance in CYYZ? I don't know what else to try . My system is:

CPU: Intel i7-7700K ( OC'd to 4.8 )
GPU: Asus GTX 1080
RAM: 32GB
STORAGE: SSD

One thing to note is that I am also using Black Marble Night lighting but again... not problems at other airports.

Thanks
sunnya

Re: Very low FPS at CYYZ

Post by sunnya » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:57 am

Nobody?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 am

Your system specs are very good, are you running with AI or not?
The Configurator options are covered here: viewtopic.php?p=45427#p45427
Do you have all shadow options enabled and at high settings? Maybe check if lowering those make a difference.
sunnya

Post by sunnya » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info. I've spent some decent amount of time on this issue. In the end I ended up re-installing ORBX NA LC and now I'm getting slightly better performance. However, still not what I get at other airports. I am now running CYYZ with almost everything un-checked ( as previously stated) but at least get like 30-32 FPS and it's reasonable on approach.

To answer your question:
- I do not use AI traffic at all (only fly on Vatsim). My tests were done completely offline without any traffic.
- shadows are at medium

My biggest mystery still is why is this happening only at CYYZ and KBOS!?
BTW, KBOS improved slightly as well after the procedure described above.

If I get better results somehow will make sure to share.

Thanks
robpol471

Post by robpol471 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:11 am

Hi,

today I bought and installed Fly Tampa CYYZ for P3D V4 and I confirm I also have very low FPS both on approach (15-20) and on the ground (20-25) at CYYZ with all the options disabled with Fly Tampa configurator and I am also lower if at night I have on P3D, Dynamic Lighting on. Fly Tampa CYYZ is the scenario where I have the lowest FPS while, for example, at Fly Tampa EHAM-LOWW and EKCH, with all the options on, the FPS are always above 35, even with Dynamic Lighting on.
robpol471

Post by robpol471 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi,

after deleting the Prepar3d.cfg file on P3D with the subsequent creation and reconfiguration on P3D, the FPS on FlyTampa CYYZ are over 30 on the whole scenario.