tncm and kbos

tito

tncm and kbos

Post by tito » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:17 pm

hello :
this morning i bought the scenery for kbos i also have tcnm complete , i notice that my AI are floating ,i have look at the forum for a solution try the few thing that where post but no luck.but is weird because when i connect to FSinn all other plane after i log into FSinn are good on the ground no one is floating. so then i disconnect from FSinn and the AI they go back up in the air even my own plane . i have try unistalling and installing it back but no luck.hope some one can help.sorry for wrong spelling
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am

I don't quite understand what airport you're having the issue and when it happens or not, but generally speaking when playing an online session some users will have the scenery addon but many don't have it. So if the addon scenery has a different elevation from default value, you may get this effect of floating online players.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:I don't quite understand what airport you're having the issue and when it happens or not, but generally speaking when playing an online session some users will have the scenery addon but many don't have it. So if the addon scenery has a different elevation from default value, you may get this effect of floating online players.
I believe he is saying that it is actually when he is online that he has no problem with aircraft floating but when he is offline, his AI is floating in the air.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:27 am

Did you install using the exe installer? The file that controls the Elevation is installed in another FSX folder from the main Boston files.
tito

Re: tncm and kbos

Post by tito » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 pm

hello am sorry i was away for a few days,yes george i use you installer . the firewall was off and so my antivirus.i have no problem with my fsx ,the problem i have is with fs9 .On both the AI and my self are levitating . i unistall and iNstall it back with the same problem. i have check the folder to see what is going on but no luck , i have no other scenery from ethier boston nor st.martten install before . i which i now how to take a picture so can show you my problem. am using windows 7 32 bit .i hate windows 7 is driving me crazy with my flight sim. :|

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:37 am

Do you have any AI aircraft programs? Some of those can come with AFCADs. You might have one for BOS somewhere you didn't know was installed.
I'm not familiar with which folder they get installed in, but google should help finding out.

There is a tool called scanAFD that can auto scan for duplicate AFCADs. Not used it myself, so be careful.
tito

Post by tito » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:59 am

ok george i will try it thank you for your help :D
tito

Post by tito » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:48 pm

hi george i try the program you suggest but there is no double AFCADs, the planes are levitating. some one toll me to change the elevation . its only happening with kbos ,the tncm scenery is nice.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Try disabling any scenery addons you have, especially big worldwide ones like Ultimate traffic etc. Just to see which one is causing the problem.
Do you have my old freeware boston installed as well as Boston V3?
tito

Post by tito » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:30 pm

here a photo i try taking from fly tampa scenery -kbos
this is what i mean by floating
this is what i mean by floating
Untitled.png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 5056 times
tito

Post by tito » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 pm

this is what it look like after i unistal kbos
defualt picture
defualt picture
Untitled.png (2.84 MiB) Viewed 5055 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Check that you have this file:

FS/scenery/world/scenery/AF2_KBOS_flytampa_dummy.BGL

If you don't, run the KBOS installer again, making sure you point to the main FS folder during installation.
tito

Post by tito » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 am

yes i do but still have the same problem . :-(
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 am

I have no more ideas.
You'll have to look at your addons again.
On a fresh FSX install Boston will be fine. I don't know what else you have installed so I can't help you much more.