SXM/TNCM Preview

skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:35 pm

Manny wrote:I like that you guys are producing FS9 sceneries... Don't want to take anything away from that.

But FSX badly needs sceneries. Really. Without airport sceneries for FSX, flying FSX is real bad.

Only Megascenery with their hi resolution photosceneries have come through so far.

I sincerly hope ACES would fix the airport texture issue ASAP.

Manny
This is a no FSX zone. :twisted:
UPS523

Post by UPS523 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:25 pm

skydvdan wrote: This is a no FSX zone. :twisted:
I second that. No reason for FSX if my FS9 looks like this.

http://home.wi.rr.com/roadway/eddf2.JPG

http://home.wi.rr.com/roadway/loww.JPG
Awol

Post by Awol » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a customer and been lurking a while. Just had to register to say this is looking outstanding. Also have to say how glad I am it's FS9 friendly. I was one who was really anticipating FSX, but the demo and other screen shots soured my enthusiasm real fast. To me, it seems the autogen is a real killer, which I just don't understand, since they had it working so well in FS9. Not real fond of the spotted look of the textures either. And I'm so sick of fanboy's making excuses for it and how it's so wonderful. Granted, it's got potential, but wonderful it ain't. :evil: It's great to see some honest opinions here.

Cheers
paavo

Post by paavo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Awol wrote:Hi Guys,
I'm a customer and been lurking a while. Just had to register to say this is looking outstanding. Also have to say how glad I am it's FS9 friendly. I was one who was really anticipating FSX, but the demo and other screen shots soured my enthusiasm real fast. To me, it seems the autogen is a real killer, which I just don't understand, since they had it working so well in FS9. Not real fond of the spotted look of the textures either. And I'm so sick of fanboy's making excuses for it and how it's so wonderful. Granted, it's got potential, but wonderful it ain't. :evil: It's great to see some honest opinions here.

Cheers
Welcome to the club.
MD11Forever

Post by MD11Forever » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Yes, welcome to the club, Awol. You'l find some gosh darn real opinions here, not FSuX fanboys. 8)
gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:09 am

george[flytampa] wrote:I've personally given up hope for FSX having a future beyond giraffe spotting & sub 150Knt bush flying.
Unfortunately, you're up against the massive FS giraffe lobby on this one. I wouldn't get too sore about it...you had a good run.
paavo

Post by paavo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:47 am

gunsontheroof wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:I've personally given up hope for FSX having a future beyond giraffe spotting & sub 150Knt bush flying.
Unfortunately, you're up against the massive FS giraffe lobby on this one. I wouldn't get too sore about it...you had a good run.
ROFL..................Those giraffes are really smooth even at 8 fps.
M.D.Miron

Post by M.D.Miron » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:21 am

paavo wrote:
gunsontheroof wrote:
ROFL..................Those giraffes are really smooth even at 8 fps.
I apologize for me popping in, but English not being my native language,
what does ROFL mean?
Best, M.D.
paavo

Post by paavo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:47 am

Roll On the Floor Laughing.
M.D.Miron

Post by M.D.Miron » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:00 am

paavo wrote:Roll On the Floor Laughing.
Ahh, an "harder" version of LOL. Understood, thank you.
han_solo2001

Post by han_solo2001 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:26 pm

WOW this is looking absolutely amazing, excellent work once again :shock: Definately will put this on my buying list next 8)
psalicrup

Post by psalicrup » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi guys,

I hate to be a party pooper but I was just in St Maarten two weeks ago and the airport has been completely remodeled. It hs jetways and everything now and it looks very similar to Schipol airport.

I only have one picture of the airport and you can only see the jetways

http://www.spanglishlife.com/gallery/v/ ... 4.JPG.html

I have more pictures at http://www.spanglishlife.com/gallery/v/stmaarten/
but these are only of planes landing. I could provide pictures of the new airport if necessary as I now have a customer there that I have to visit every 2-3 months (I live in Puerto Rico). I also visit a customer in St Kitts if interested in pictures of St. Kitts Robert L Bradshaw airport.

Forgot to mention... it is indeed great work and everything looks very close to the real thing, the only problem is that the airport is completely changed. Did you put in there the Sunset Beach Bar? Its this bar right next ot the beach where everybody hangs out to spot the planes and the put the schedules on a surfboard.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:42 pm

psalicrup wrote:Hi guys,

I hate to be a party pooper but I was just in St Maarten two weeks ago and the airport has been completely remodeled. It hs jetways and everything now and it looks very similar to Schipol airport.

I only have one picture of the airport and you can only see the jetways

http://www.spanglishlife.com/gallery/v/ ... 4.JPG.html

I have more pictures at http://www.spanglishlife.com/gallery/v/stmaarten/
but these are only of planes landing. I could provide pictures of the new airport if necessary as I now have a customer there that I have to visit every 2-3 months (I live in Puerto Rico). I also visit a customer in St Kitts if interested in pictures of St. Kitts Robert L Bradshaw airport.

Forgot to mention... it is indeed great work and everything looks very close to the real thing, the only problem is that the airport is completely changed. Did you put in there the Sunset Beach Bar? Its this bar right next ot the beach where everybody hangs out to spot the planes and the put the schedules on a surfboard.
Try looking at both preview threads, it was mentioned somewhere that the scenery will include the new terminal. :wink:
tito

Re: SXM/TNCM Preview

Post by tito » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 am

ready for dep rwy 10 just a test
ready for dep rwy 10 just a test
4.png (2.57 MiB) Viewed 7395 times