Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-San Francisco

I am having a very strange problem. It shows up in FlyTampa KSFO (see screenshot) but also ACG/UKMIL RAF Coningsby. I know it is NOT being caused by KSFO but thought maybe someone on here could help me.
The problem is that the trees within the airport scenery have a solid black rectangle around them. The tree is visible witin the rectangle and as you get close the rectangle fades away and the tree displays normally. Then when you move away again the rectangle fades back in. It happens for all seasons. I have disabled all addons in my scenery.cfg except KSFO and it made no difference.
My guess is that it is either a duplicate tree library or duplicate textures but the fading thing is puzzling me.
Can anyone help. If the moderator could tell me what textures or tree set KSFO uses that might help me narrow it down.
Thanks
CaptureFS_2011125_183927.JPG
CaptureFS_2011125_183927.JPG (70.7 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
 george[flytampa] (Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3244 | Location: Southampton, UK
Did you install something that replaces the tree textures? Looks like the wrong texture format to me. Are the autogen trees okay?

I found the culprit George. Somehow the Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL file must have become corrupted. I replaced it with a newly downloaded file and all is fine. Thanks so much for responding - I knew it wasn't a FlyTampa issue as I've never had any problems at all with KSFO - so I especially appreciate you taking the time to respond
Ian :D

George, I've run into the same issue but it does not appear to be the Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL (at least so far). I was just doing a reinstall of FS9 on my new system and don't have much scenery installed yet. I went ahead an remarked out all scenery except for Ultimate Terrain and FlyTampa KSFO (it's the US Airports version from Aerosoft).

I even replaced the original 5 FS9 tree textures and am still seeing exactly what Kiwi flyer is showing in his screen shots. I wasn't quite clear as to the tree textures that your airport is searching for. are they the default FS9 textures...are they something different and if so, where do I find them?

Please advise and thanks for your wonderful products!

Mark

I found that I was having a similar issue at another airport and found a solution (at least for my system). It seems that if you're using a high AA setting, 8xSQ [Combined: 2x2 SS + 2x MS], and are running into the same issue, you might try uping your AA Transparency Supersampling to something higher.

I was using 2x Supersampling and moved it up to 4x Supersampling and the issue went away. In fact, the whole airport looks better...(if that's possible :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the wonderful rendition of KSFO!

Mark