Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-San Francisco

martin[flytampa] (Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:21 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5193 | Location: Tampa/FL
The following file contains a set of replacement textures for KSFO meant for lower end systems which might have problems handling huge amounts of textures.

If you are not experiencing any problems with the ground textures do *not* install this update. The textures that come with KSFO by default are of higher 32 bit quality, this replacement set contains 16 bit DXT3 textures.

FlyTampa KSFO textures

To install simply extract the contents of this ZIP archive (21 bmp files) into the "/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-SanFrancisco/texture/" folder.... or to the respective folder where you installed the scenery (overwrite the existing files).
Last edited by martin[flytampa] on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I initially had problems with aircraft textures (particularly PAI United Airlines planes) getting fuzzed up at SFO, but these replacement textures seem to have fixed the problem...except at night. Are these same replacement textures used at night or would it be possible for a similar fix to be applied for nighttime?
 martin[flytampa] (Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:03 am)

The above set contains daytime only. Let me ask you, how much RAM does you gfx-card have?

I believe it's 64MB...it's the factory driver.
 martin[flytampa] (Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:23 am)

The night ground textures that ship with the scenery are already DXT3 format, only the daytime texture were 32bit.

To my knowledge the fuzzynes you see usually relates to the gfx card running out of ram and therefore loading lower size mipmaps where it can. Especially at dusk/dawn sceneries have to load both the day and night textures at the same time putting a heavy load on the hardware.

Does this also happen late at night like 1 AM?

It wasn't that late when I noticed it...I also had problems with the buildings getting jumbled at night. I would imagine it probably has more to do with my system than anything else as it doesn't perform that well at busier airports at night, but the fact that SFO at night has problems similar to those that were fixed by replacing the day ground textures made me wonder whether or not they might be related.

Hi,

Is a building textures is in 32bits format or DXT3 format. So my idea is, can it possible convert those airport building textures to DXT3 format..?
Any tools can make a conversion?

How can I remove all the moving train/car or bus at SFO airport?

I just try to squeeze more FPS out of this add on scenery.

B/Regards...Alex Ooi
 martin[flytampa] (Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:24 am)

Apart from the ground replacement textures above everything else in this and other sceneries is in texture formats DXT1 and DXT3 and I don't recommend altering anything else. If you do it anyway, be aware that problem with transparencies might start occurring.

main_static_ani.bgl is a file you can remove to see if it gets faster... to my experience it won't do anything.