Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-Dubai (Discontinued)

I've been using FlyTampa's Dubai for ages, a few days ago I did a reboot of my computer and had to reinstall my FS, so I downloaded FT DXB off my account on SimMarket. Installation was a breeze no errors nothing.
So after starting FS2004 I started at DXB and all I could see was an empty apron with a great big shadow in the place where the terminals should be standing and the AI aircraft are parked around those shadows. I've tried re-installing more than 4 times but the same probem keeps turning up.
DXB 1.jpg
DXB 1.jpg (521.08 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

DXB 2.jpg
DXB 2.jpg (464.69 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

DXB 3.jpg
DXB 3.jpg (464.69 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

One more "issue" is that I installed the Dubai CIty Airport Modification file from Avsim which moves the Sheikh Zayed Road buildings more inward from the coast and adds a few buildings around the airport to add realism. After installing this I realised that the coastline at Dubai has a "ghost" type coastline slightly futher from the real coast. I'll add an image to show what I'm talking about. Can someone please help.
DXB 4.jpg
DXB 4.jpg (434.23 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

DXB 6.jpg
The weird coastline continues throughout the length of Dubai starts from Sharjah to Jebel Ali Port
DXB 6.jpg (327.48 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

DXb 7.jpg
For some reason Palm Jumeirah has two breakwaters surrounding it.
DXb 7.jpg (540.81 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
 martin[flytampa] (Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 4929 | Location: Tampa/FL
Try renaming the BGL extensions of the
FyTampa-Dubai/scenery/Land*.bgl files

The terminal I have no idea. Make sure it isn't being excluded by AES. Put AES higher in the scenery library and reactivate Dubai within AES. Also, check if a higher scenery complexity slider makes a difference.

Thanks a million Martin! :D :D
I deactivated Dubai from AES then re-activated it and its working. And I did some minor adjustments with the landclass and now it's all good!