Alternate FSGenesis Fix (must have Lago's FSE installed)...

Dillon

Alternate FSGenesis Fix (must have Lago's FSE installed)...

Post by Dillon » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:51 pm

The scenery Fix offered for FSGenesis landclass totally flattens the scenery on approach to KSAN rwy 270. I opted to keep everything the way it is (FlyTampa's KSAN and FSGenesis Scenery) and add various buildings you would realisticly fly over on approach. It looks so much better and realistic to have the hills present on approach to KSAN plus the hazards of the buildings below you all the way down to approach.

You must have Lago's FSE installed to use this scenery file... :wink:
Attachments
KSAN Approach Fix.zip
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
Dillon

Post by Dillon » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:46 am

Here's the latest FSE update to KSAN for use with John Burgess's update and Socal Megascenery V2.0 (actually you don't need MS V2 to enjoy this addition but you'll find the stadium possibly in the wrong location as well as the Mission Bay Hilton).

Thanks John for the wonderful work you did on the mesh update... You have to try this with Megascenery's new Socal update. I usually don't use photo scenery because of the long load times but I found myself keeping the San Diego west portion of that add-on because it poses the least problems with load times. With your updates (adding back the hills) and Megascenery V2 the approach is unbelievable. It's very realistic looking and that's putting it mildly... :D

To all the realism fanatics, the buildings I added aren't 100% realistic due to the limitations of FSE. I just wanted to fill up the area you fly over on approach. You literally fly right over the tops of roofs and sink down onto the runway. This is one of the most beautiful approaches in the world and now we have a very good representation in FS thanks to FlyTampa. Me and John have taken it a step further with our updates (I used to live in San Diego back in the days of 'Top Gun' and the Naval Boot Camp so this whole area is special to me). All those with Megascenery V2 are in for a real treat... :wink:
Attachments
KSAN Approach Fix.zip
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Dillon

Post by Dillon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:55 am

Made a couple of last minute changes to the buildings on approach so the file above is updated once again... :wink:
skydvdan

Re: Alternate FSGenesis Fix (must have Lago's FSE installed)

Post by skydvdan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:45 am

Dillon wrote:The scenery Fix offered for FSGenesis landclass totally flattens the scenery on approach to KSAN rwy 270. I opted to keep everything the way it is (FlyTampa's KSAN and FSGenesis Scenery) and add various buildings you would realisticly fly over on approach. It looks so much better and realistic to have the hills present on approach to KSAN plus the hazards of the buildings below you all the way down to approach.

You must have Lago's FSE installed to use this scenery file... :wink:
So you also had the hill that cut the freeway in half on the approach to 27? And this patch solved that?
Dillon

Post by Dillon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:26 pm

It sure did (I mean John Burgess's update located in the 'FSGenesis fix (unofficial beta) updated' thread).... :)

Put that together with what I was able to do with the approach to runway 27 with Lago's FSE and it's pretty good. If you add Megascenery v2 for Socal it get's even better if not the best this side of the real world approach...
John Burgess

Post by John Burgess » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:02 am

Hi Dillon,

Sorry it took so long to say thanks for these files. Life's been awfully busy for the last couple of months and I've not been doing much simming :-(

Anyway, I've just installed them and see what you mean. Having those extra buildings really adds to the feel of the approach. I'm glad I don't work in one of them :wink:

All the best,

John