FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 1218

FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Thessaloniki is supported by the Ortho4XP conversion too, please see link below:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13646
Hampe2356
Posts: 8

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Hampe2356 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:00 pm

The ortho4xp conversion tool is not working for Thessaloniki. I followed the instructions exactly as I did with Corfu yet there are weird patches where the default ground textures from the mesh show up above the ortho. After using the order recommended in the manual I experimented with putting the normal ortho folder back in my sim. Put it both below and above the mesh without any change.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 1218

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Working on it
maorgr
Posts: 7

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by maorgr » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Emilio,

I bought this scenery, along with corfu and I want to create the entire greence in photoreal using Ortho4XP and blend it with these sceneries,
do you think you could perhaps compose a tutorial for in this matters of novice users such as myself ?

secondly, what water textures did you guys use when capturing the Thessaloniki pictures please ?

Thanks and thanks for your hard work

maor.
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 89

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:28 am

Hampe2356 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:00 pm
The ortho4xp conversion tool is not working for Thessaloniki. I followed the instructions exactly as I did with Corfu yet there are weird patches where the default ground textures from the mesh show up above the ortho. After using the order recommended in the manual I experimented with putting the normal ortho folder back in my sim. Put it both below and above the mesh without any change.
Ι suppose that you use ortho4xp 1.2 version. I couldnt succesfuly compile the +022 tile with that version so I had to use 1.3. Can you confirm that your ortho tiles appear as they should without Thessaloniki scenery?
If yes, please download a new verion of ortho4xp conversion tool that will be available later today.
Also a raster dem file for +40+022 , +40+023 tiles, will be available to direct compile within ortho4xp tool (Custom dem).
Hampe2356
Posts: 8

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Hampe2356 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:29 am

Yes. I used 1.2 and I can confirm that the ortho is working without the scenery installed
Hampe2356
Posts: 8

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Hampe2356 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am

Why cant you just do like every single other developer and provide an ortho4xp patch?! I've not redownloaded the 2 tiles 3 TIMES using both 1.2 and 1.3 with none of them working. I've wasted 3+ hours "converting" the tiles to work with the scenery but yet it's not working. I love your sceneries but this method is just pathetic. This needs to be improved.
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 89

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Hampe2356 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am
Why cant you just do like every single other developer and provide an ortho4xp patch?! I've not redownloaded the 2 tiles 3 TIMES using both 1.2 and 1.3 with none of them working. I've wasted 3+ hours "converting" the tiles to work with the scenery but yet it's not working. I love your sceneries but this method is just pathetic. This needs to be improved.
Thanks
Apologies for the initial glitch, it all works fine now
Details and guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13609&p=66205#p66205

We provide custom detailed meshes (airport and surroundings) with sloped terrains, 3d bridge elements etc, so a patch cannot be used.

The pathetic tool creates and processes textures to have dual compatibility (sloped and flat) which takes time. Its a solution that so far worked for many people.
09tir98
Posts: 7

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by 09tir98 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:15 pm

The Conversion tool does not work for me. This is what I get when I try to run it.
"FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window"
This is where it's placed zOrtho4XP_+40+022\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
Hampe2356
Posts: 8

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Hampe2356 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Yannis[flytampa] wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm
Hampe2356 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am
Why cant you just do like every single other developer and provide an ortho4xp patch?! I've not redownloaded the 2 tiles 3 TIMES using both 1.2 and 1.3 with none of them working. I've wasted 3+ hours "converting" the tiles to work with the scenery but yet it's not working. I love your sceneries but this method is just pathetic. This needs to be improved.
Thanks
Apologies for the initial glitch, it all works fine now
Details and guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13609&p=66205#p66205

We provide custom detailed meshes (airport and surroundings) with sloped terrains, 3d bridge elements etc, so a patch cannot be used.

The pathetic tool creates and processes textures to have dual compatibility (sloped and flat) which takes time. Its a solution that so far worked for many people.
Tool is still not working.
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 89

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm

09tir98 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:15 pm
The Conversion tool does not work for me. This is what I get when I try to run it.
"FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window"
This is where it's placed zOrtho4XP_+40+022\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
The tool searches for "textures" and "terrain" folders. When an orthotile is properly compiled, these folders are normally inside the zOrtho4XP_ folder. The Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool folder is there too. So, your zOrtho4XP folder must contains the folders:
Earth nav data
Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
terrain
textures

is that right?
09tir98
Posts: 7

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by 09tir98 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Yannis[flytampa] wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm
09tir98 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:15 pm
The Conversion tool does not work for me. This is what I get when I try to run it.
"FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window"
This is where it's placed zOrtho4XP_+40+022\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
The tool searches for "textures" and "terrain" folders. When an orthotile is properly compiled, these folders are normally inside the zOrtho4XP_ folder. The Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool folder is there too. So, your zOrtho4XP folder must contains the folders:
Earth nav data
Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
terrain
textures

is that right?
Yes, that is exactly what it looks like.
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 89

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Hampe2356 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm
Yannis[flytampa] wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm
Hampe2356 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am
Why cant you just do like every single other developer and provide an ortho4xp patch?! I've not redownloaded the 2 tiles 3 TIMES using both 1.2 and 1.3 with none of them working. I've wasted 3+ hours "converting" the tiles to work with the scenery but yet it's not working. I love your sceneries but this method is just pathetic. This needs to be improved.
Thanks
Apologies for the initial glitch, it all works fine now
Details and guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13609&p=66205#p66205

We provide custom detailed meshes (airport and surroundings) with sloped terrains, 3d bridge elements etc, so a patch cannot be used.

The pathetic tool creates and processes textures to have dual compatibility (sloped and flat) which takes time. Its a solution that so far worked for many people.
Tool is still not working.
Assuming the the tool finishes without shell errors, can you please provide a screenshot with you ortho4xp tile without flytampa's scenery , and a second one, at similar position in xplane ,showing the issues?
Thanx
Yannis[flytampa]
Posts: 89

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP conversion tool

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:21 pm

09tir98 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:55 pm
Yannis[flytampa] wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm
09tir98 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:15 pm
The Conversion tool does not work for me. This is what I get when I try to run it.
"FlyTampa conversion tool is not in the right folder
Please drop it in the main ortho4xp tile folder (e.g.: zOrtho4XP_+yy+xxx) and try again
You may now close this window"
This is where it's placed zOrtho4XP_+40+022\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
The tool searches for "textures" and "terrain" folders. When an orthotile is properly compiled, these folders are normally inside the zOrtho4XP_ folder. The Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool folder is there too. So, your zOrtho4XP folder must contains the folders:
Earth nav data
Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool
terrain
textures

is that right?
Yes, that is exactly what it looks like.
It is simple as that... this message is shown only if one of the 2 folders don't exist or are misspelled. I cannot think what else could go wrong here...
Post Reply