Duplicate airport signs

ftnet305

Duplicate airport signs

Post by ftnet305 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi, I just purchased KLAX. I am running P3D v5. First thing I noticed are the double taxiway and runway signs. See attached picture. I do have ORBX openLC NA, Southern California, Global Base , Vector is deactivated

So the Flytampa Las Vegas scenery is already placed on top of all sceneries. I have also deactivated these files by renaming them into ...bgl.off:

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl

So I really do not know what I have to do any further. I uninstalled Socal and the problem was gone, yet this is not a solution for the problem...

Thanks for any advise.
Attachments
duplicate signs.PNG
duplicate signs.PNG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 114 times
ftnet305

Re: Duplicate airport signs

Post by ftnet305 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Alright, I got the problem with the duplicate files fixed by deleting these 3 files:
(had a hard time finding these files in the first place, therefore I post it here, where P3Dv5 places them if you use a library)
E:\Orbx Library\p3dv5\NA Southern California\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl

(BUT NOW NEXT ISSUE!) ---- UPDATE ---- I got it to work by putting Flytampa libraries to the top and Flytampa KLAS just below as second entry in P3D scenery! Restart required and be aware of ORBX Central messing things up after an update of Socal.... (guess we can live with that as KLAS is really made very well)

OUTDATED - see update above (just for reference)
I experience the same elevation issue as so many users have already posted. Deleting this file as advised seems NOT possible as I just cannot find it:
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Another user said this file is supposed to be here:
.\Orbx Library\p3dv5\NA Southern California\Scenery\World\scenery\

This folder does not exist in my installation. I do have ....NA Southern California\Scenery\Global with only a texture folder
The main P3Dv5 folder does contain a World\scenery folder but there is not a single file starting with ADE.....
Searching the whole P3Dv5 folder finds some elevation_adjustment files but only as custom scripts and only a few (no KLAS!)