Default P3D Las Vegas scenery area - enabled or disabled?

MD_Flier

Default P3D Las Vegas scenery area - enabled or disabled?

Post by MD_Flier » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:42 pm

I deactivated this area in the scenery library. Everything seems to be fine. Am I missing any parts or pieces of the area running it this way?

Which option is "correct"?
trisho0

Re: Default P3D Las Vegas scenery area - enabled or disabled?

Post by trisho0 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:07 pm

MD_Flier wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:42 pm
I deactivated this area in the scenery library. Everything seems to be fine. Am I missing any parts or pieces of the area running it this way?

Which option is "correct"?
I have enabled that option, otherwise no city?
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:00 am

It shouldn't make a difference as we have excluded anything that's below our add-on anyway. I m not sure what is included in the stock Las Vegas scenery folders, so there might be stuff that you could be missing outside our exclusion zone.
MD_Flier

Post by MD_Flier » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 am

Sounds like I should probably re-enable it.

You guys did an absolutely incredible job on this scenery. I just set texture_size_exp=10 and took the R-22 down the strip at a very illegal flight level. Unbelievable work! You actually modeled the traffic jam? And the traffic merges just like in real life, too! So many little details to explore. You seem to be enjoying (and exploiting with great success) all of the new features LM has added. The billboards and marquees add so much life! The Bellagio fountains are beautiful.

Thank you!
Last edited by MD_Flier on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:44 am

Where is texture_size_exp= line? I don't see that from Prepar3D configuration file.
MD_Flier

Post by MD_Flier » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:40 am

You have to add it under the [TERRAIN] section.

I'm using a RTX2080Ti with 11Gb of VRAM. That setting increased my VRAM usage from just under 6Gb to just over 10Gb. It will probably cause stutters if your card can't handle it.

You can also set it to 9, which is where I usually run it.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:57 am

MD_Flier wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:40 am
You have to add it under the [TERRAIN] section.

I'm using a RTX2080Ti with 11Gb of VRAM. That setting increased my VRAM usage from just under 6Gb to just over 10Gb. It will probably cause stutters if your card can't handle it.

You can also set it to 9, which is where I usually run it.
Very interesting but I have the GeForce 1080 Ti so I doubt P3D can go with that setting. Also, from AVSIM I found this setting is not recommended.
MD_Flier

Post by MD_Flier » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 am

trisho0 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:57 am
Very interesting but I have the GeForce 1080 Ti so I doubt P3D can go with that setting. Also, from AVSIM I found this setting is not recommended.
I never said that I "recommended" it for normal operations. I just pointed out that it worked great for seeing all of the details close up when taking a chopper down the strip. I don't normally keep it set like that.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:32 am

MD_Flier wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 am
trisho0 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:57 am
I never said that I "recommended" it for normal operations. I just pointed out that it worked great for seeing all of the details close up when taking a chopper down the strip. I don't normally keep it set like that.
I know you never said"recommended" I said what AVSIM forum did. Sorry if I misunderstood you.