Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post Reply
Shylock
Posts: 20

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by Shylock » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:09 pm

So is Jesus....lol
itay5344
Posts: 3

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by itay5344 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

When ???
pauly123
Posts: 36

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by pauly123 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 am

Darn, I been offline for 1 month on business trips. I thought when I checked the site, KLAS would be ready for sure. OK - I'll check back in May.
esanders9863
Posts: 1

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by esanders9863 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm

I really hope the majority of customers for flytampa hasn't gone to X-Plane 11 by the time this fantastic software that's probably better then the platform is being made for comes out
stevefocus
Posts: 61

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by stevefocus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 am

The reason they have not released it is they are waiting for p3d v5 to be released. :D
Er!k
Posts: 282

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by Er!k » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 am

stevefocus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 am
The reason they have not released it is they are waiting for p3d v5 to be released. :D
You might be suprised, actually Prepar3Dv4.5 is in beta at the moment. So they might indeed wait... There are some issues with PBR at the moment in v4.4.
Virtue50
Posts: 5

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by Virtue50 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:18 am

Ok I understand the updates and all but didn’t they use PBR in the updated Montreal so I don’t see what the issue is here. And what happens when Lockheed Martin prepar goes to V6 version after Las Vegas is released. Is flytampa going to do a recall on Las Vegas.🤣
bradley27
Posts: 155

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by bradley27 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:06 am

That's exactly it, the scenery's that have recently taken advantage of PBR have unveiled a few problems . FT Toronto has a PBR bug that hasn't been fully fixed so this maybe addressed in 4.5.
pauly123
Posts: 36

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by pauly123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Bottom line - when you have 2 people working part time on a new plane or scenery, it will take 1 year or 2 or more to complete.
Ifikratis
Posts: 30

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by Ifikratis » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 pm

I remember that Las Vegas was due to early 2018 along with Boston. For some reason they have underestimated by a huge margin the workload to get it delivered.

While I understand this and I have purchased all FT products because I love their quality, still I don't understand why their communication is so secretive we don't have any development update.
pauly123
Posts: 36

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by pauly123 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm

I agree. That is the biggest frustration of this hobby. Zero communication with the people who buy the products. Updates on planes and sceneries take years. You think it will come out in Q1 of 2018 and a year later no response. 99% of people just accept it and say. “ when it is out, it is out -take your time and get it right”. I am the other 1% and say “ come on ! Hire more people throw 10 people on this project. Crank out a new airport every month or a new plane every 6 months. Where I see my LD 757? I bet KATL will be 2020 release and KLAS won’t see a release until September 2019.
Now if I owned a company, I’d hire an intern to post monthly updates on my progress. It’ll keep my customer in the game. But hey. I’m just a smuck who runs a multi million dollar company and who also likes to fly fake planes to imaginary airports in my spare time. Oh well. Back to the NCAA games.
F737NG
Posts: 25

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by F737NG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 pm

[/quote]
Ifikratis wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 pm
[...]
While I understand this and I have purchased all FT products because I love their quality, still I don't understand why their communication is so secretive we don't have any development update.
pauly123 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm
I agree. That is the biggest frustration of this hobby. Zero communication with the people who buy the products. Updates on planes and sceneries take years. You think it will come out in Q1 of 2018 and a year later no response. 99% of people just accept it and say. “ when it is out, it is out -take your time and get it right”. I am the other 1% and say “ come on ! Hire more people throw 10 people on this project. Crank out a new airport every month or a new plane every 6 months. Where I see my LD 757? I bet KATL will be 2020 release and KLAS won’t see a release until September 2019.
Now if I owned a company, I’d hire an intern to post monthly updates on my progress. It’ll keep my customer in the game. But hey. I’m just a smuck who runs a multi million dollar company and who also likes to fly fake planes to imaginary airports in my spare time. Oh well. Back to the NCAA games.

There appears to be a misunderstanding of where the flight sim hobby sits as an industry.
We belong to a small, niche community who number just a few hundred thousand at most.
The vast majority of this number spend less than $300 dollars per year on add-ons, including on expensive, complex payware aircraft. That leaves very little discretionary spend on scenery products.

Image
Source: http://blog.navigraph.com/post/18124398 ... 18-results


Most developers are part-time hobbyists, who make scenery for fun. Some charge to bring in a little extra income for their efforts and a very small few are full-time developers.
There is a very limited number of interested and experienced artists and coders willing to work on projects that are fiddly/cumbersome and take a long time to create, that cater to a 'geeky' community and achieve a relatively small number of unit sales.
Talk of hiring 10 people is fantasy, it's such a small pool of talent, that even some of the best-known developers have left mid-sized developers or given-up on going alone for the security of a collaborative project or even working in-house at the more established and larger development companies.
AAA game studios with multi-million dollar advertising budgets and ability to hire dozens of coders and game artists for one title; Fortnite, GTA V, FIFA, Call of Duty, etc. are supported by their mass appeal, sales figures and profits to match and are giants in comparison to flight sim products.
No, for many developers, hiring even one extra person could cause a small profit to turn into a rather big loss on a product.

We all would love more frequent communication, however, one weather and texture program developer who posts on a regular basis usually has nothing of interest to report and is berated if they forget to say "nothing to report" on a weekly basis.
Another large flight sim publisher only posts when something visual is able to be shown, yet constantly receives regular demands for more updates. It has gotten to the point where they have decided to lock down the preview thread of their most anticipated product because of simmers' backlash and negativity - regularly showing updated pictures of the VC and the external model was ridiculed and was considered insufficient by many people.

Problems and setbacks occur at any time. What looks like good progress can be entirely undone by a problem or error that only manifests itself after much work has been completed.
Some of the most praised developers are the ones who announce that a project is nearly complete and release within a fortnight of that first announcement.
Given the actions of a vocal minority, I cannot blame developers for keeping very quiet.
VX320
Posts: 29

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by VX320 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:09 am

im not sure how anyone could support their life off developing scenery or aircraft. maybe 10 years ago or so when rigs didnt have to cost 5000 dollars just to run everything so it looks nice but these days the community is so much smaller because of these obstacles. Also Xplane is an option so as a developer you would have to spend resources to include those potential customers as well and if you dont you could be losing possible income. Its a hard thing to juggle if you think about it. I would assume that the developers here have to have some sort of other income maybe even full time jobs and even families so just keep in mind those are things to think about. Yeah it sucks to have to wait and get no updates but I wouldnt be logging in every day either to post the same information weekly if there is nothing to say.
pauly123
Posts: 36

Re: Las Vegas Preview in Prepar3DV4

Post by pauly123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:53 pm

well I did my part to support Flytampa. I have 6 current airports and will buy anything they make in North America (that is just the region I fly). Hey I am not complaining. It is flytampa’s fault that they make such a damn good product that w can’t seem to live without. Now get me my KLAS now!!!!
Post Reply