Elevation Problem

sky_king

Elevation Problem

Post by sky_king » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Install seemed to go okay. Turned off the anti-virus and installed as admin. Totally default install.

Major elevation problems. My test aircraft (default 737) is buried with only the tail tip showing. Views are looking up at the jetways.

In the list of add-ons, KBOS is at the top of the list with the libraries second.

Am using Toposim for mesh (in scenery .cfg towards the bottom under any airports) and have my P3D configured as per the PDF manual. Have Megascenery and XCity Boston turned off.

How to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

SK
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Elevation Problem

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Done this? If so, I bet there's another AFCAD somewhere. My Traffic perhaps?

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic ... 33&t=11812
sky_king

Post by sky_king » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Nope don't use My Traffic. I use UTL, which doesn't have that issue. However, I did try what is suggested in other post and renamed AF2_KBOS_ALT.BGL to AF2_KBOS_ALT.OFF. And, it solved the problem. You might want to include this in a FAQ or manual for those of us using mesh software.

Thanks for the reply!

SK
kirbo2006

Post by kirbo2006 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Im having the same issue with elevation, ive installed normally and have installed by adding it manually to the scenery library, i dont have Orbx vector or any traffic installed and my elevation is all over the spot, also my default elevation is broken? this is only at boston, any ideas?
sky_king

Post by sky_king » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 pm

kirbo2006 wrote:Im having the same issue with elevation, ive installed normally and have installed by adding it manually to the scenery library, i dont have Orbx vector or any traffic installed and my elevation is all over the spot, also my default elevation is broken? this is only at boston, any ideas?
Try going to your Prepar3D Folder\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and see if there is a file called AF2_KBOS_ALT.BGL. If so, rename it to AF2_KBOS_ALT.OFF. IF you had P3D already running, then shut it down and reload it.

Hope this helps.

SK
kirbo2006

Post by kirbo2006 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:09 pm

sky_king wrote:
kirbo2006 wrote:Im having the same issue with elevation, ive installed normally and have installed by adding it manually to the scenery library, i dont have Orbx vector or any traffic installed and my elevation is all over the spot, also my default elevation is broken? this is only at boston, any ideas?
Try going to your Prepar3D Folder\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and see if there is a file called AF2_KBOS_ALT.BGL. If so, rename it to AF2_KBOS_ALT.OFF. IF you had P3D already running, then shut it down and reload it.

Hope this helps.

SK
Ive just looked in that folder and i dont have a file of any kind like that :|
kirbo2006

Post by kirbo2006 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm

fixed the issue, UTLive was still installed on my computer, uninstalled that and its fixed the issue! :D