Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Amsterdam

Hello.

The pictures say it all :|

[I'm a new user so I have error messages about I'm not allowed to show images or links. What can I do?]

Prepar3D v4.1 with FTX Global (yes, I did that Vector Configurator Tool thing)+openLC Europe+FreeMesh.

Adding the scenario with the new xml method or by the old method (added directly by the scenery library) is the same thing :-(

Any ideas? thanks.

PS: solved. It was that "dummy" object that was not installed in the right folder.

Can you solve the link issue? thank you.

I am also having a problem with the elevations of Amsterdam. Please elaborate on the proper placement of the "dummy object." Likewise, what is the file name of the "dummy object?" Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck
 emilios[flytampa] (Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 742 | Location: London, UK
the dummy object is the airport elevation file which should be located in

P3Droot\scenery\world\scenery

*also attached
AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.zip
(439 Bytes) Downloaded 710 times

Thank you! It is working fine now.

Thank you! It is working fine now.

I have this problem too with ORBX products including Europe LC. I re-installed EHAM a number of times, made sure the two FT Amsterdam folders were in the P3Dv4 scenery list and activated, run the open LC elevation tool (there is no EHAM listed), checked that this "dummy" bgl was in the right P3Dv4 main folder, to no avail. I still get the elevation of your scenery above the AFCAD file. I run the AFCAD duplicate check with no result.
What else should I do please?
Thanks for any help.
2018-1-25_22-5-59-262.jpg
2018-1-25_22-5-59-262.jpg (144.71 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
Last edited by jean-claude on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jean-claude wrote:I have this problem too with ORBX products including Europe LC. I re-installed EHAM a number of times (the 3 files), made sure the two folders Amsterdam and LC were in the P3Dv4 scenery list and activated, run the open LC elevation tool (there is no EHAM by the way), checked that this "dummy" bgl was in the right P3Dv4 main folder, to no avail. I still get the elevation of your scenery above the AFCAD file. I run the AFACD duplicate utility, no result. I use UTLive for traffic.
What else should I do please?
Thanks for any help.

Hello,
I am having a simular experience with FlyTampa Amsterday as well. I have only recently moved from FS9 to Prepir3D v4 having skipped FSX all together. I have had great success in installing all my FlyTampa sceneries that I had bought for FSX but could never use. I have also been installing several of the ORBX products. I installed the ORBX FTX base, FTX Global Vector and the FTX HD trees with no problem to EHAM I did have to use the Vector control panel to disable the AEC setting for EHAM.
This weekend I instaled the FTX Open LC for Europe and that is when I ended up with the same problem as Jean- Claude (above post)
I have downloaded the dummy EHAM scenery file and installed it in to the correct location. I have moved Amsterdam and Amsterdam LC above all of the OBOX files in the scenery library. I also have tried to u-install and re-install Amsterdam but I end up with the same problem.
A strange thing is that when I try to use the Vector control panel to disable EHAM, is does not find the Amsterdam scenery. There is no "EHAM" according to the FTX vector control panel.
According to the ORBX forum there is a fix for the elevation problem on the FlyTampa site- I think this is the "dummy" file.

Any help or advise please.

Ryan

Hello,
I have deleted Amsterdam from my P3D folder, (uninstalled; then deleted any folders under FlyTampa relating to Amsterdam} Downloaded the Amsterdam airport package into a new folder on my system. Installed the new Amsterdam into my P3D v4 folder under FlyTampa. Ran the makerunways program, ran ORBX vector and I still have the same problem.

I have not seen a reply to this post and I am wondering if there is any action from FlyTampa in trying to solve this problem.

Thank you

Hello Ryan, I am in touch with Emilio of FT support who is trying to find a solution, if it is finally solved, I will post it in this thread. In the meantime, I am also posting in ORBX forum and shall report back.

Hello Jean- Claude,
Thank you for the update.

Ryan

i have the exact same issue!!!! i cannot see my aircraft above ground in external views...

Issue found and solved!
When installing FSDG Mauritius scenery, the installer placed the APT ALT bgl. file in the wrong scenery folder without me being aware of it since when P3Dv4 started after the installation, I was asked to activate that bgl. and after that the scenery itself.
Having done both blindly (assuming the locations of the files were correct), my P3Dv4 scenery list was corrupted by this APT ALT bgl. file and I had several elevation problems in my add-on sceneries like EHAM and LFML in addition to losing ATC during all my flights.
It is only after I spotted that file and relocated it into the scenery/world/scenery folder that my elevation problems were solved and... my ATC problem as well. I since then made two flights with MCE and PMDG 738 and FSLabs A320 without any issue at all.
It is somewhat incredible that a so small file can create so much trouble. It also shows that we should always be made aware of the location where the files are sent by automatic installers which, in this case, was not possible!
I hope this might help somebody else.

Jean-Claude

happy for you!! i had 4 fsdg scenery i did exactly what you suggested put all alt aptbgl files in scenery/world/scenery folder but still same issue in EHAM...