Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Amsterdam

Hello Team,

I have the Amsterdam scenary from FlyTampa which I have been using with P3Dv3,
I am about to install P3Dv4.1, do I need to uninstall and re-install the FlyTampa Amsterdam?

Many Thanks
Nic
 emilios[flytampa] (Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 681 | Location: London, UK
you will need to re-run the installer, browsing to P3Dv4 root folder during installation. Then follow the instructions on how to patch your installation for P3Dv4 compatibility: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

Please make sure that both your Amsterdam entries are installed correctly in your P3D library and look as below:

1. FT-Amsterdam
2. FT-Amsterdam_LC
 Capitanfuturo (Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am)

Thanks for the reply, just as a curiosity, given the fact that I have a product ID, a password and a registration key from the original purchase in December 2016, can't I somehow just download a latest version so I won't need to be doing any updates or patches?

Thanks
Nic

No the, latest version is 1.1 and when then version was released Prepar3D v4 did not exist yet. So start with installing v1.1 and the P3D patches afterwards.

Is it possible to install Amsterdam in compliance with P3Dv4 SDK, using add-on.xml method, outside of Prepar3D v4 directory? So that the next LM update wouldn't destroy my FlyTampa Amsterdam installation?

Thanks,

I finally got around to re-install FT Amsterdam after upgrading to P3Dv4,
I applied the patch as instructed.

But I get what I think is called an elevation issue, the ground where the plane stands seems to be too high and vehicles that go past buildings, when they make turns instead of turning around a building, they turn straight into buildings.

I also have in P3D/FlyTampa folder both "Amsterdam" and "Amsterdam_LC" folders

What should I do?

Thanks
Nic
Last edited by Capitanfuturo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Any help with my above post?

Many Thanks
Nic
 emilios[flytampa] (Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:37 pm)

Did you check the scenery library from within P3Dv4 to check that both folders are correctly registered like below

1. FlyTampa_Amsterdam
2. FlyTampa_Amsterdam_LC

The folders are called as per my above post,

Amsterdam
Amsterdam_LC

Can I just rename them manually? And is the numbering in front of the folder name also required?

Thanks a lot
Nic
 emilios[flytampa] (Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:28 am)

I just need a shot from your scenery library to confirm they are in the right place please

Hello Emilios,

while I was waiting for your last reply, I had decided to uninstall all my add ons and sims,
I now started again, I re-installed P3Dv4 and FlyTampa Amsterdam, now looks like that
the elevations problem is gone.

There is one things that happened during installation, I got the following message:
Where do I find Settings, Scenery Library to add the area?
IMG_20180205_143025.jpg
IMG_20180205_143025.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 324 times