Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Amsterdam

Hello Team,

I have the Amsterdam scenary from FlyTampa which I have been using with P3Dv3,
I am about to install P3Dv4.1, do I need to uninstall and re-install the FlyTampa Amsterdam?

Many Thanks
Nic
 emilios[flytampa] (Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 673 | Location: London, UK
you will need to re-run the installer, browsing to P3Dv4 root folder during installation. Then follow the instructions on how to patch your installation for P3Dv4 compatibility: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

Please make sure that both your Amsterdam entries are installed correctly in your P3D library and look as below:

1. FT-Amsterdam
2. FT-Amsterdam_LC
 Capitanfuturo (Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am)

Thanks for the reply, just as a curiosity, given the fact that I have a product ID, a password and a registration key from the original purchase in December 2016, can't I somehow just download a latest version so I won't need to be doing any updates or patches?

Thanks
Nic

No the, latest version is 1.1 and when then version was released Prepar3D v4 did not exist yet. So start with installing v1.1 and the P3D patches afterwards.

Is it possible to install Amsterdam in compliance with P3Dv4 SDK, using add-on.xml method, outside of Prepar3D v4 directory? So that the next LM update wouldn't destroy my FlyTampa Amsterdam installation?

Thanks,