Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Amsterdam

Greetings,
First of all I want to say this scenery looks incredible. It is a true testament of your work. I am however having trouble really getting the most out of it. Sometimes I am able to take off before I get the dreaded OOm. Sometimes I get an OOM on Taxi. I have a beast of a machine and very rarely have OOMS in P3D 3.4. I installed the Lite Textures and I am not noticing an difference. This issue reminds me of the issues I had with Toronto before you guys were able to optimize it further. Is there anything we can do to lower it's VAS footprint? I have no other airports selected in the scenery library but Amsterdam and I still get OOM's. At the time of the OOM I am using PMDG 737-800. The issues seem to be worst with the scenery at night. I hope I am not alone in this matter

I've experienced the same issue every time I've loaded it as the departing airport. I very rarely have OOMs, but this scenery causes one before I can even taxi. All three times are with PMDG 737-800 as the aircraft.

Night time is a vas killer for me. Ive never has vas issues before . . . . never but Im sad to report Ive never completed a night approach yet.

Daytime is awsome

Graham

I'm curious what the issue is with EHAM. I purchased in January but never loaded the airport until Sunday. I've OOM'd before taxiing and just after takeoff. There's nothing new that I've purchased since then except Fly Tampa Montreal. I saw in another thread that suggested there was another add-on that was causing the memory leak, but I don't have any issues with any other airport. Very disappointing because it's such a fantastic add-on.

Is there really any credence to it performing better in P3D versus FSX:SE? I'm kind of at the point of pulling the trigger on P3D even before they release v4.

Well...I tried to fly with the 747-400 V3 from PMDG from LOWW to EHAM, both from FlyTampa and never was able to complete the flight!

Always over EHAM the bells go off and soon after FSX crashes with an OOM.

This scenery is useless right now! Hope that it gets fixed....

I have Zero AI traffic and autogen was down to normal....still the Simulator crashed.

Now I have tried to simply start from the Airport!

It´s not possible!

I load EHAM, the PMDG 747-400 V3 and when I start activating the Systems everything seems fine at first, only after a short while, the bells go off and a few seconds later the Simulator crashes with an OOM!

I have autogen set to normal and Zero AI traffic!

I am VERY dissapointed with this scenery! Seems like I just wasted 34 Euros for a scenery that is completely unusable!
 emilios[flytampa] (Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 am)

Site Admin | Posts: 653 | Location: London, UK
if your memory load is already at the limit, loading up T7 and AMS add-on is not going to work.
unless something really odd is happening, installation-wise, my guess is other add-ons are eating away too much of your memory already.

on p3d: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9858

I don´t have that much addons active!

There is just Active Sky Next, the 747-400, and EHAM!

As I said, Zero AI traffic, Autogen to normal and weather set to 80 miles!

The Airport HAS to work under those conditions or else the scenery is useless! Sorry, but that is just fact!

My System:

Core i5 4590cpu @3.3 Ghz
8 GB DDR3 Ram
4 GB Geforce GTX 1050Ti
FSX with acceleration
Win 10

Eraser74 wrote:The Airport HAS to work under those conditions or else the scenery is useless! Sorry, but that is just fact!

The hard rhetoric is not going to make your sim run better, and you have to agree that what you state is not a fact, but your conclusion of your experience. if we look at the rest of fsx users - we see that the majority can use the field with reasonable frames.

so please, be a little more critical of your own setup and look for the solution there. bashing emilios here is not going to help you.

Sorry to say so.

It's not only one person who face this problem. More people, me too (P3D), are suffering on this very nice airport. Before I installed EHAM Fly Tampa, I used Aerosoft for years but no OOM ever. 10 minutes ago, I tried agai. Lowered as much as possible, I now succeed in taxi to the runway, Just after take off, the OOM appeared. I use more Fly Tampa airports, without any problems. So this can't be anything else than this FlyTampa airport is causing it.

Thanks,
Ed