Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Corfu

Hi,

I´m experiencing extreme frame drops, micro stutters and loading time as soon as I´m airborne or approaching the scenery. Has anyone got an idea why this could be? When im on ground i get decent frames (40) but when airborne I only have about 20 - 30. Same for approach (when Scenery is loading) Even in Frankfurt I get about 40 fps. (and its a frame eater)

My specs:

I7 7700k oc´to 4.5GhZ
GTX 1070 (not overclocked) AMP Extreme Edition, Zotac
SSD and 16 GB RAM

Any ides why this might be? I will upload log.txt if you want to.
 emilios[flytampa] (Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:01 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 744 | Location: London, UK
Can you also share your graphics settings too? the log. txt could be useful too
I am just thinking whether some of the elements might be too heavy; are you using settings similar to those in our manual?

Log.txt and settings:

ps: the crash is due to reshade ... doesnt have to do with anything.
A320_235.png
settings
A320_235.png (456.57 KiB) Viewed 1151 times

i cannot upload the log.txt ...
 emilios[flytampa] (Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:36 pm)

These settings appear fine to me, perhaps try reducing anti-aliasing a bit, i dont think you ll notice any visual loss but you ll probably gain some frames. I know the grass can be quite heavy in some cases so I can send a 'reduced-grass' variation to try out.

you can try adding your log.txt in a .zip and re-upload

there you go. As is said as long as im on the ground everything is perfect. But when 500 feet above it starts lagging and loading (sometimes it loads about a minute) I think a GTX 1070 should be able to handle it. Congrats for this amazing product. This is by far the most detailed airport currently available. And i own a lot ;)

Maybe its the newest BETA but I dont think otherwise I would have same problems at other airports.
Log.zip
(21.63 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

After rolling back i can 100% say its not due to BETA 4.
 emilios[flytampa] (Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:57 pm)

Thanks for the log.
Could you try the same flight/path with stock LGKR and check again?

to remove FT Corfu, simply move the 3 folders somewhere else and boot XPlane

after this step, I would also try adding the folders back in, one by one, and checking frames-just trying to see which type of add-on object/mesh is behaving badly on your setup

Hello,
I'm experiencing the same Issue than the OP, 55 fps on the ground, down to 20fps while airborne.
I did the test you asked OP and it clearly is the library that is responsible for this behaviour (FlyTampa_Corfu_Objects).
No issue when using one or two of the other folders.

I also tried several troubleshooting :
Reinstalling default x-plane scenery,
removing Ortho tiles for this region,
removing Ortho OSM for this region,
removing all extensions from x-plane plugins folder
Xplane version is 11.20 r2

PC is equipped with a i7 7700K with a 1080ti GPU, screen is 2560*1440 resolution.
I really don't understand what could be happening on my configuration, I saw a stream yesterday, the streamer is equipped with a 980ti and have 15-20 fps more than what I have on my pc at corfu while airborne.

I can try to update nvidia drivers, i'll keep you informed if it change something.
Regards
Richard Grillon

Could be related to the version of X-Plane you are on? I had a similar issue with Nimbus TFFJ

I cannot post links as I am new here but see the x plane org forum here:

Home > Forums > X-Plane 11 Final > XP11 Scenery > "Nimbus TFFJ, XP 11.20vr1, Low FPS"

I got the same performance issue especially at final approach.
Best regards
Nepo