Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Corfu

emilios[flytampa] (Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:11 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 728 | Location: London, UK
We now have a smart little tool, which will allow users to blend their Ortho4XP tiles with FlyTampa scenery. The tool does not use any photoreal data, but instead uses the terrain texture files already downloaded or produced in the user's system by Ortho4XP. It is compatible with any zoom level ortho tiles.

This will solve issues like previously reported (http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11997)

It is a fairly simple process that will take care of the conversion with minimal user effort.

Instructions on how to use this tool:
Readme.zip
(38.28 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Download tool:
Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 28 times

Please report back here on this thread if you have any issues

Hello.
For the people really using Ortho4XP and not copying tiles mades by others, you might want to use this tool, directly in the Tiles folder from Ortho4XP installation,
I tried using it from the custom scenery folder and I didn't have the Photopolys4FlyTampa folders created, whereas if I used the tool directly inside the Tiles folder(ORTHO4XP\Tiles\) it worked.
 Yannis[flytampa] (Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 am)

Mrtchou wrote:Hello.
For the people really using Ortho4XP and not copying tiles mades by others, you might want to use this tool, directly in the Tiles folder from Ortho4XP installation,
I tried using it from the custom scenery folder and I didn't have the Photopolys4FlyTampa folders created, whereas if I used the tool directly inside the Tiles folder(ORTHO4XP\Tiles\) it worked.

Flytampa’s tool , needs to be placed inside the Zortho folder. It doesn’t matter where Zortho is located. It creates a Photopolys4flytampa folder, outside Zortho . If this is in xp’s custom scenery, then flytampa’s folder will be created directly there. Can you confirm that the tool was in the right place when you tried from inside custom scenery? Thanx

i put the folder containing the tool inside the Zortho folders created by ortho4XP as explained in the readme file, but the first time using the links created by ortho 4 XP inside xplane custom scenery folder, it didn’t create the two folders.
The second time I executed the python file from the folder inside the tiles folder from ortho4Xp and it worked fine.

Hi Emilios,

Thank you very much for this tool! :)

While the script and Photopolys4FlyTampa_+39+019 plus Photopolys4FlyTampa_+39+020 folder creation seem to work fine, the result in anything above Zoom Level 16 gives strange results:

Cessna_172SP_1.png
Cessna_172SP_1.png (2.94 MiB) Viewed 644 times

Cessna_172SP_2.png
Cessna_172SP_2.png (3.11 MiB) Viewed 644 times

The above is with ZL17 using Bing Maps as a source in Ortho4XP.

I've tried different map providers and ZL17 and ZL 18, yet only with ZL 16 does the ocean seem normal.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Cheers,

Elias

You guys are fantastic!
I will buy all your future x-plane products with this kind of support.
 emilios[flytampa] (Mon May 07, 2018 1:11 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 728 | Location: London, UK
PC-12-Pilot wrote:Hi Emilios,

Thank you very much for this tool! :)

While the script and Photopolys4FlyTampa_+39+019 plus Photopolys4FlyTampa_+39+020 folder creation seem to work fine, the result in anything above Zoom Level 16 gives strange results:

The above is with ZL17 using Bing Maps as a source in Ortho4XP.

I've tried different map providers and ZL17 and ZL 18, yet only with ZL 16 does the ocean seem normal.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Cheers,
Elias

thanks for the report. Please download again from the link in first post, the tool is now updated.

Hello,
i followed the instructuions step by step but the process stops. Here the log:
-------------------------------
Mon May 14 19:33:11 2018

Command 'identify -format '%w' mask/+39+019.jpg' returned non-zero exit status 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP_+39+019\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool.py", line 136, in <module>
jpeg_size_check = subprocess.check_output("identify -format '%w' mask/"+scen_tile+".jpg", shell=True)
File "C:\Program Files\phyton\lib\subprocess.py", line 223, in check_output
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
CalledProcessError: Command 'identify -format '%w' mask/+39+019.jpg' returned non-zero exit status 1
---------------------------------

You got any clue whats wrong?

Best regards
Nepo
 Yannis[flytampa] (Mon May 14, 2018 2:59 pm)

Nepomuk wrote:Hello,
i followed the instructuions step by step but the process stops. Here the log:
-------------------------------
Mon May 14 19:33:11 2018

Command 'identify -format '%w' mask/+39+019.jpg' returned non-zero exit status 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\zOrtho4XP_+39+019\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool\Flytampa_Ortho4xp_conversion_tool.py", line 136, in <module>
jpeg_size_check = subprocess.check_output("identify -format '%w' mask/"+scen_tile+".jpg", shell=True)
File "C:\Program Files\phyton\lib\subprocess.py", line 223, in check_output
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
CalledProcessError: Command 'identify -format '%w' mask/+39+019.jpg' returned non-zero exit status 1
---------------------------------

You got any clue whats wrong?

Best regards
Nepo

It seems like an ImageMagick installation issue. Please uninstall and re-install from here https://www.imagemagick.org/download/bi ... 86-dll.exe
When prompted during installation for additional tasks, make sure that options "add application directory to your system path" and "Install legacy utilities (e.g. convert)" are checked.

Ok, thank you!
Worked now. "Install legacy utilities (e.g. convert)" is not selected by default.

Best regards
Nepo