Sydney YSSY Preview One

Davie

Re: Sydney YSSY Preview One

Post by Davie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 am

Benncpp15 wrote:Once P3D goes 64bit, all you fs9 dinosaurs will be left a very long way behind.

Great Sydney shots George.
You're absolutely right - P3D is the way of the future.

However at the moment, FS9 is absolutely still a solid and widely used platform. There are many people and businesses still using it. For example, the flight experience simulators we have in AU and NZ all still run a FS9 backend.

Lets hope FlyTampa provide for the mass market so we can all enjoy YSSY.
BoazDK

Post by BoazDK » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 am

Will the beach be animated?
FSXKid88

Post by FSXKid88 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm not modelling the city. The default city isn't terrible anyway. It'll be nice if Limesim or someone could make it but its a bridge too far for me.
George I thought you did an outstanding job with Dubai rebooted on the city modelling...that must have been an immense task seeing how many buildings are represented. Surely modeling downtown Sydney can't be as extreme as Dubai can it? Is there something that would make it more difficult? I cannot speak for everyone else but for me personally I would not mind waiting awhile longer for a nice modeled city.

Joel
Last edited by FSXKid88 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSXKid88

Post by FSXKid88 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 pm

FSXKid88 wrote:
I'm not modelling the city. The default city isn't terrible anyway. It'll be nice if Limesim or someone could make it but its a bridge too far for me.
George I thought you did an outstanding job with Dubai rebooted on the city modeling...that must have been an immense task seeing how many buildings are represented. Surely modeling downtown Sydney can't be as extreme as Dubai can it? Is there something that would make it more difficult? I cannot speak for everyone else but for me personally I would not mind waiting awhile longer for a nice modeled city.

The screens look incredible by the way!

Joel
FSXKid88

Post by FSXKid88 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 pm

The screens look incredible by the way!

Joel
edetroit

Post by edetroit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 am

Benncpp15 wrote:Once P3D goes 64bit, all you fs9 dinosaurs will be left a very long way.
P3D's latest aircraft addon "Phenom 100" is nowt but a default aircraft. Great for the increasing number screenshot simmers but not for FLIGHT simmers.

The most sophisticated simulations of the aircraft I like to fly are on the Fs9 platform.

Do I feel left behind? On the contrary ....well in front. :D

I am very keen to see a FS9 version of Sydney.
Charlier

Post by Charlier » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Yeah I would be happy to if the FS9 version will be available. I saw some Sydney airports but didn't buy any because I didn't like them. But this one is awesome.
Buzzard Sydney

Post by Buzzard Sydney » Sun May 11, 2014 11:39 pm

George, any idea when this might be released?
Even a rough idea such as September or October 2014 would help.
Thanks
Buzz :?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Hey Buzz.

Sorry to say but time estimates are not my strong point for such a big projects.
Sometime in 2014 is the best I can do for now.
mcbellette

Post by mcbellette » Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 am

Fantastic - just one small detail: the Formule1 Hotel is no longer owned by Formule1. It is now owned by a different company and the signage has changed. I think it's now owned by Accor Hotel Group or something like that. I only know because I stayed there once and also used to work at the airport. If you want to know anything else or would like help proofing object placement, etc, please drop me a line. I can provide you with my e-mail address if you like.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm

mcbellette wrote:Fantastic - just one small detail: the Formule1 Hotel is no longer owned by Formule1. It is now owned by a different company and the signage has changed. I think it's now owned by Accor Hotel Group or something like that. I only know because I stayed there once and also used to work at the airport. If you want to know anything else or would like help proofing object placement, etc, please drop me a line. I can provide you with my e-mail address if you like.
Thanks but I have to stick with whatever is in my reference material. This airport is changing all the time :)
Dayou

Post by Dayou » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 am

Hi all,
Any news/updates about FlyTampa-Sydney :-( ? Really the suspense is killing me! Really looking forward to fly an approach to Sydney :) !

Good luck FlyTampa!
psykie

Post by psykie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 pm

IS there anything going on here anymore? What is taking so long? I know I'm going to get *%&# for saying this but really!! You make GREAT sceneries but every time I come into the Forums hoping a new scenery is posted (months now maybe over a year) I find that there is nothing new to see.

Matthew