Sydney YSSY Preview One

ywg256

Re: Sydney YSSY Preview One

Post by ywg256 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:45 pm

i agree...the thought of having a FT CYYZ along with YSSY gets me pretty horny...oh did I say that out loud??? ooopps..
Sam Arnold

Post by Sam Arnold » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:26 am

I stand with the FS2004 crowd, as my primary use for FS is commercial airline flights to large hubs.
Combined with high quality addon Airports, Aircraft, Weather, Textures & AI Traffic, the experience is great.
For the same performance, 30+FPS, with FSX, there's not a computer for sale in all the land which could achieve this.
I can understand how Prepare3D, Xplane & FSX are great for smaller operations, especially GA, but they're no match for FS2004 with airline operations.
Seeing as Sydney Airport is primarily airline ops, I see the importance for FS2004 support. It also serves a regional flights hub, so the FSX and other platform support is necessary also.
ywg256

Post by ywg256 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Sam Arnold wrote:I stand with the FS2004 crowd, as my primary use for FS is commercial airline flights to large hubs.
Combined with high quality addon Airports, Aircraft, Weather, Textures & AI Traffic, the experience is great.
For the same performance, 30+FPS, with FSX, there's not a computer for sale in all the land which could achieve this.
I can understand how Prepare3D, Xplane & FSX are great for smaller operations, especially GA, but they're no match for FS2004 with airline operations.
Seeing as Sydney Airport is primarily airline ops, I see the importance for FS2004 support. It also serves a regional flights hub, so the FSX and other platform support is necessary also.
I get where you are coming from being a long time fs2004 user myself that recently switched to P3D and FSX. I can tell you ALL of my flying is heavy metal with 100% max custom AI with no performance issues. To me the difference was switching from ATI to Nvidia. That made ALL the difference for me performance wise.The statement about not achieving 30FPS (and smooth) is a myth with the hardware available these days...... I'm sure you could run FSX/P3D and you'll want to do it soon....less and less developers are creating for FS2004. The statement about not achieving 30FPS (and smooth) is a myth with the hardware available these days...
Lude2Envy

Post by Lude2Envy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Sam Arnold wrote:I stand with the FS2004 crowd, as my primary use for FS is commercial airline flights to large hubs.
I don't mean to be blunt but you are incredibly wrong. I fly with everything in FSX that you fly with in FS9 and I achieve 30+ frames no problem. FS9 is pretty much dead from a developer standpoint and it's because many people are now achieving great frames with FSX/P3D. Sure it requires some tweaking, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
keino333

Post by keino333 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 am

I concur with Lude2envy,
You will comment otherwise once if you where to completely move over to FSX. I will tell you this ...if immersion is what you are seeking its at FSX/P3D. FS9 is a bit 2 dimensional when your comparing FSX with AI, sea, land and Air + Scenery. And night Lightning will blow your mind alone. Its nothing better than on arrival to an airport you watch traffic passing beneath you (on the ground- with much more Autogen) and around you with the backdrop night lighting. Granted in most cases you may not be able to run AI at 100%. I too was where you are; not wanting to let go FS9,...but it comes to pass. FlyT -YSSY with FTX is going to be amazing.
(BTW I fly 95% Commercial with FSX)
Sam Arnold

Post by Sam Arnold » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Lude2Envy:
Looking at your computer specs, I'm not surprised you are able to achieve the said performance in FSX.
I've only got a 1GB ATi GPU, i930 processor (not overclocked), 8GB RAM, an entirely stock machine.

Keino333:
I have FSX and XPlane10, both of which I use on occasion for GA immersion flights.
But I don't look at FS2004 for immersion on my airline flights, so much as I look for realism of operation and simulation.

I'm only recommending developers to keep an open mind about FS2004 and it's customer base, which is still at around 25% market share.
edetroit

Post by edetroit » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:58 am

Don't worry Sam, I'm sure George will do right by us. :D
ch00scd

Post by ch00scd » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 am

Sorry, but for me it's a simple decision. After having invested a lot of time and money to get a perfect and smooth running FS9 with a lot of payware aircrafts, sceneries, weather and ground textures, AI traffic etc., I don't see any reason to buy a new computer and a lot of aircrafts and sceneries that work with FSX just to get at the end what I already have in FS9. I am even less ready to invest my spare time to tweak FSX because I want to fly and not to tweak around . Of course, one day but most likely still very far from today, P3D will join my hard disk when it's a 64bit simulator but for now, FS9 is the simulator of my choice.

If it's a quality procuct like those of FlyTampa, I buy all FS9 products without blinking with my eyes. Even I would be ready to pay a bit more because I accept that FS9 is a shrinking market and I fully understand that a FS9 product must be financially attractive for the developers.

To make a long story short: If there is YSSY for FS9, you get my money with a smile; if YSSY is only for FSX, you loose a customer because you will never convince me to change to FSX. It's as simple as that.

Regards,
Daniel
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Quick question is YSSY be compatible with FS Global 2010 FTX ?
Lude2Envy

Post by Lude2Envy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Sam Arnold wrote:Lude2Envy:
Looking at your computer specs, I'm not surprised you are able to achieve the said performance in FSX.
I've only got a 1GB ATi GPU, i930 processor (not overclocked), 8GB RAM, an entirely stock machine.

Keino333:
I have FSX and XPlane10, both of which I use on occasion for GA immersion flights.
But I don't look at FS2004 for immersion on my airline flights, so much as I look for realism of operation and simulation.

I'm only recommending developers to keep an open mind about FS2004 and it's customer base, which is still at around 25% market share.
Unfortunately for software to get better, hardware has to get better.......and that means upgrading your hardware. FS9 was great during it's prime and there were many great addons and sceneries that took it to the next level. If you want "realism of operation" in your sim, you need to move to FSX. Robert Randazzo of PMDG even said at the Aerosoft Conference in Germany that he tried to fly the PMDG 747 in FS9 (after developing the NGX and 777) and he just couldn't do it - which is why they're working on a 747 v2 for FSX. It's more than just the graphics, it's what they're able to achieve in FSX that they couldn't do in FS9. Between PMDG, FlightSimLabs, and Majestic - you'll never have that kind of "realism of operation" in FS9. You can build a solid FSX rig these days for under $1500 as well.
edetroit

Post by edetroit » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Lude2Envy wrote:
Unfortunately for software to get better, hardware has to get better.......and that means upgrading your hardware. FS9 was great during it's prime and there were many great addons and sceneries that took it to the next level. If you want "realism of operation" in your sim, you need to move to FSX. Robert Randazzo of PMDG even said at the Aerosoft Conference in Germany that he tried to fly the PMDG 747 in FS9 (after developing the NGX and 777) and he just couldn't do it - which is why they're working on a 747 v2 for FSX. It's more than just the graphics, it's what they're able to achieve in FSX that they couldn't do in FS9. Between PMDG, FlightSimLabs, and Majestic - you'll never have that kind of "realism of operation" in FS9. You can build a solid FSX rig these days for under $1500 as well.
Load of tosh.

Look's like IFLY just built a 747-400 for FS9 that will kick any 744 on any platform into touch. :D

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_po ... r-approach
benjak

Post by benjak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 am

edetroit wrote:
Lude2Envy wrote:
Load of tosh.

Look's like IFLY just built a 747-400 for FS9 that will kick any 744 on any platform into touch. :D

Are you high? PMDG's 744 will destroy iFly.
edetroit

Post by edetroit » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 am

benjak wrote:
Are they putting guns on their's? :D
Lude2Envy

Post by Lude2Envy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

benjak wrote:
edetroit wrote:
Lude2Envy wrote:
Load of tosh.

Just like the NGX destroyed the iFly NG - and "destroy" is an understatement.