SODE Jetways to Sydney Airport P3D v4

Jammin16

SODE Jetways to Sydney Airport P3D v4

Post by Jammin16 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 am

Hey, there I would like to hear about there would not be made SODE jetways for Sydney Airport P3D v4???
downscc

Re: SODE Jetways to Sydney Airport P3D v4

Post by downscc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 am

I am using GSX Level 2 to add SODE jetways to most of my 100+ airports but problem with a few, including Fly Tampa Sydney, are the static jetways that appear to be a part of the terminal building and cannot be removed by using exclusions or turning off bgl files.

I think the days of scenery developers giving us static jetways is over. If this is to continue, there needs to be a way to remove them as an configuration option.

I've managed to set up dual SODE jetways at Intl Term Gate 9, by removing the bgl jetway from the AF file and ignoring the static ones. But at Gate 53 the static one is much too close to the front door of the B747/8 to ignore and I was only able to install one SODE jetway.

Please FlyTampa catch up with the rest of us.
aplong

Post by aplong » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Can you please update YSSY with movable gates (either ctl-J or sode or GSX2) at the Jetstar/Virgin terminal? I appreciate it is a lot of extra work and all however its not like this is a free ware add on. Even charging a upgrade fee would be ok with me! As already stated, the days of non movable gates are over in high end add ons- especially in 2019.

But to not have movable gates takes away the positive experience of an otherwise great add on.
XCLTM3

Post by XCLTM3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi George,

I'd just like to ask if you could assist us with this request, as updating all the gates to SODE would be phenomenal.

Like Dan, I've tried to manually turn some bgl's off in an attempt to do the work myself via GSX2 but to no avail.

Appreciate it greatly if you could chime in.

Cheers,

Steve
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:39 am

If you remove the files Terminal_Dom_Jetways, you should be all clear.
XCLTM3

Post by XCLTM3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:59 am

george[flytampa] wrote:If you remove the files Terminal_Dom_Jetways, you should be all clear.
Many many thanks George, I'll give them a whirl.

Incidentally, I renamed the file Terminal_Dom_JetwaysD.bgl to OFF and nothing changed (prior to placing my post here earlier) including another bgl file named: jetway_syd.bgl to OFF also to no avail.

Ergo, from what you have explained I need to turn off all the Terminal_Dom.bgl's to have this take effect.

BTW: I must make mention that your rendition of YSSY is still outstanding and I've always been a huge fan and thankful that you produced it. I'm just attempting to adjust the function & aesthetics of new jetways for YSSY that are now provided by GSX 2. I'm certain I will not be accurate with the choice of jetways, but I'm willing to make that little sacrifice.

Cheers,

Steve
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Here guys a mate and I have done a GSX v2 for YSSY :),

FlyTampa YSSY GSX L2, https://www.inibuilds.com/gsx-australia
Includes

- Gates D44/44A, D45/45A and D7/7A customised for both B737 and A332 use

Accurate Jetway design type chosen as per real-life;
- T3 Corrugated design - white
- T2 Flat Noseloader Steel design - white
- For T1 90% of gates are corrugated white, but we opted for the Apron Drive Steel white Jetway in GSX, as the
height of the corrugated Jetway is too low to correctly match the FlyTampa YSSY scenery and larger aircraft that utilise T1.
Using the corrugated designed Jetway made the Jetway angle upwards unrealistically when docked to an aircraft.

- Every Nose In Guidance System (NIGS) / Safedock correctly chosen and accurately placed - some within scenery limitations

- Customised all T1, T2, T3 and Freight ground service vehicles placement for each parking spot – some within scenery limitations

- Customised real-life pushback directions with accurate descriptions implemented at most gates; Domestic, International and Freight. Pushbacks operate within GSX limitation - will be revised when GSX allow forward tug movement to the correct aircraft disconnect points per real-life
Last edited by Flukey on Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yvesamuel

Post by yvesamuel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi,

Thank's for yous job.
Yves
XCLTM3

Post by XCLTM3 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Flukey wrote:Here guys a mate and I have done a GSX v2 for YSSY :),

FlyTampa YSSY GSX L2, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... FjdAME1dV4
Includes

- Gates D44/44A, D45/45A and D7/7A customised for both B737 and A332 use

Accurate Jetway design type chosen as per real-life;
- T3 Corrugated design - white
- T2 Flat Noseloader Steel design - white
- For T1 90% of gates are corrugated white, but we opted for the Apron Drive Steel white Jetway in GSX, as the
height of the corrugated Jetway is too low to correctly match the FlyTampa YSSY scenery and larger aircraft that utilise T1.
Using the corrugated designed Jetway made the Jetway angle upwards unrealistically when docked to an aircraft.

- Every Nose In Guidance System (NIGS) / Safedock correctly chosen and accurately placed - some within scenery limitations

- Customised all T1, T2, T3 and Freight ground service vehicles placement for each parking spot – some within scenery limitations

- Customised real-life pushback directions with accurate descriptions implemented at most gates; Domestic, International and Freight. Pushbacks operate within GSX limitation - will be revised when GSX allow forward tug movement to the correct aircraft disconnect points per real-life

Great job and kudos to you and your mate @Flukey

I redid all of my YSSY gates, but didn't comply with realism - I chose (selfishly) to add all Crystal Gates - solely so I could see all the passengers embark/disembark the plane via GSX 2. And like you, I added the NIGS to all gates.

I'm enjoying YSSY even more now that all gates are SODE.

Rgds,

Steve
shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:15 am

Hi Guys
I have run into a problem. After following the instructions to the letter I now have no jetways?? I've probably done something wrong. Any ideas what I may have done?
2019-3-18_21-9-48-942.jpg
2019-3-18_21-9-48-942.jpg (626.54 KiB) Viewed 6040 times
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 am

Shane, your ground is missing, you need the P3D patch. https://ft:forum@www.flytampa.org/forum ... =1&t=10302
shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi George

Thanks for the reply but no good. I still have no jetways after deleting the I must have done something incorrect while trying to follow Flukey's instructions on how to make my jetways moveable?
XCLTM3

Post by XCLTM3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:29 am

shane2801 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 pm
Hi George

Thanks for the reply but no good. I still have no jetways after deleting the I must have done something incorrect while trying to follow Flukey's instructions on how to make my jetways moveable?
Hi Shane,

if you havent resolved your issue:

1. just reverse order what you did following Flukey's instructions
2. as silly as this sounds, do you have GSX Level 2 installed ?
shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 pm

HI
Thanks for the reply. I do have GSX version 2 installed and I re-downloaded fly Tampa Sydney. I would still like to use Flukey's jetways though