Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Sydney

ProfessorMadman (Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 am)

Hi FT team,

I am having this strange issue with YSSY around the city in P3D v4.2. At daytime I have some patches that are covered in night textures and vice-versa. I have the P3Dv4 patch installed and removed the PAPIHalo files as needed.

If I disable the Sydney_LC the problem disappears. I've removed my PTA presets, reinstalled scenery from scratch and can still reproduce the issue. This was not an issue in P3D 4.1 even with ORBX AU and the likes installed. I have a similar issue around Toronto.

Anyone else having this problem? I would post pictures but it's not allowing me to or even link images.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Daniel

ProfessorMadman wrote:I am having this strange issue with YSSY around the city in P3D v4.2. At daytime I have some patches that are covered in night textures and vice-versa. I have the P3Dv4 patch installed and removed the PAPIHalo files as needed.

If I disable the Sydney_LC the problem disappears. I've removed my PTA presets, reinstalled scenery from scratch and can still reproduce the issue. This was not an issue in P3D 4.1 even with ORBX AU and the likes installed. I have a similar issue around Toronto.

Anyone else having this problem? I would post pictures but it's not allowing me to or even link images.

Any ideas?

On the Avsim P3D forum, there have been other people suffering from night textures showing during the daytime after upgrading to P3D4.2.

Culprit apparently is ORBX Open LC, which needs to be uninstalled then reinstalled as per this thread

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/531508-black-patches-42
 ProfessorMadman (Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 am)

Hi F737NG,

Thanks for the link. Following the guidance from the posts I've removed and reinstalled OpenLC NA and CYYZ is still showing night textures in patches. For YSSY I removed and reinstalled FTX AU and the issue is still present as well. The only way I can fix this is by unchecking (or removing) the relevant _LC option for these FlyTampa airports in the scenery library.

If you use ORBX AU I would recommend changing the flytampa yssy_lc.bgl to yssy_lc.bak as this file is not compatible and adds an unrealistic landclass depiction of Sydney (ie additional residential area's) overwriting the Orbx Sydney Landclass which is a truer representation of the Sydney Basin

ProfessorMadman wrote:Hi F737NG,

Thanks for the link. Following the guidance from the posts I've removed and reinstalled OpenLC NA and CYYZ is still showing night textures in patches. For YSSY I removed and reinstalled FTX AU and the issue is still present as well. The only way I can fix this is by unchecking (or removing) the relevant _LC option for these FlyTampa airports in the scenery library.

I'm getting night textures patches around YYZ with the just released latest version of it for P3Dv4. Did you solve your issue?
 mohammedkaafar (Mon May 14, 2018 4:07 pm)

B777ER wrote:
ProfessorMadman wrote:Hi F737NG,

I'm getting night textures patches around YYZ with the just released latest version of it for P3Dv4. Did you solve your issue?

Remove these lines from the add-on.xml, you will find in Flytampa/Toronto folder.

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>scenery_LC</Path>
<Name>FlyTampa-Toronto_LC</Name>
</AddOn.Component>