Miami Version 1.5 Beta Update

martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Miami Version 1.5 Beta Update

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:29 pm

Note: This is a public beta / pre-release version. Install at your own risk.

It is recommended you only install this Update while having either a backup or the original 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 installation program or a full copy of the FlyTampa-Miami folder.

This update will only run if you have a "clean" installation of FlyTampa-Miami, meaning that you originally installed using the 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 installation program and you did not copy or move the FlyTampa-Miami folder by hand. If the Update tells you it cannot find the original FlyTampa-Miami please reinstall the original Miami you got from Simmarket, BMT etc. over the same location and apply the Update afterwards.

This update will only run with the full version of Miami.

----------------------------------------------------

Included is the following:

- Updated ground textures
- D extension
- Fedex Building
- Renumbered runways with new textures
- cleaned up construction sites (sand, barrels etc).
- new edgelights
- new hold short lights (wig-wags)
- windsocks
- new afcads (2002 & 2004)

This update will also change the field elevation and hopefully solve problems related to sunken or floating AI.

Please report any problems here or to martin@flytampa

----------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD HERE
Last edited by martin[flytampa] on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
JDiaz

Post by JDiaz » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:06 pm

thanks martin!

just downloaded it and will check it out

jason
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:16 pm

Just downloaded it, it looks wonderful, love the new runways!
Some Notes:
The installer installed the file to "new folder" on my desktop, i did not move my original FT-Miami, so I don't know who's end it's on. I manually installed thr est of the BGLs and Textures. The Runway 8R LOC is a nice addition, but it seems very picky near the thresh hold, i was about 2feet off the centerline and my guages were showing me way off the LOC, but on the centerline I was perfect, this could be on my end however...
Lastley, the ATC still called 8R "8" I accidently installed Statics, so I am going to re-install and see what happens
-MK
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:00 pm

Adding to my previous AFCAD statement, I did a progressive taxi to see. It looks like the AFCAD is a little bit off....
Attachments
pTaxi.JPG
pTaxi.JPG (72.45 KiB) Viewed 10363 times
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:43 pm

triple post...i know i'm bad...:?

Anyway, I found 1 last thing with the AFCAD. I did a test IFR flight Key West to Miami, Only runways 12 and 30 showd up, the others were not numberd. They are numberd on the ground, but the ATC does not know what to call the runways, excluding 12 and 30(I assume becasue this runway was the only one not edited by the AFCAD).
EDIT: Did some final testing. The ILS for 12 is off. It brought me in wayyy left of the centerline. The GS was also a little hairy. There are no visual problemes, only AFCAD ones. I landed the 757 and rolled off near spot 7, and ground told me to to taxi to a C gate, that confused me, as there are no statics, and I would have assuemd a closer gate... The airport is visually stunning, just needs AFCAD work.
-MK
Attachments
uhoh.JPG
uhoh.JPG (129.96 KiB) Viewed 10361 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:39 pm

Just to make sure, that is FS2004 you're using there?

Did you also have this runway problems prior to installing the update? I ask because the existing runways, especially 12/30 haven't been touced since the last version.

The gate that Ground control assigns doesn't depend on the closest distance but on your airline code (if any) and on the order in which they are sorted within Afcad.

The progressive taxi often seems a little off, especially in curves, thats because I avoid using too many intersection points in afcad.
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:13 pm

Yes FS2004 is used, I pulled off at Spot7 with a coded AAL752, so I was near the E and D gates.
No runway problems before update. 12/30 has no problems. The AFCAD however, seems to be offset to one direction. I say this becasue starting on runway 30 my plane was in a running rabit, and off the centerline. and starting on the other runways would put me off the line. I have also recived taxi instructions to go to a D gate where there was no building and no jetway or airstair. Lastley, I am not that familiar with MIA, so I was looking for the J concourse, and could not find it....:?
-MK
EDIT: I took a pic of what i mean by off the centerline. It's in a cessna, I can get one in a 737 or 757, or during the da,y to give a better perspective if you wish.
Attachments
c-line.JPG
c-line.JPG (133.85 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:23 pm

I'm looking into the Afcad2.

Old concourse J was demolished and a new one is being build, thats why there is only sand and construction there in the scenery.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:49 pm

This is gonna take a bit longer because some issues that need fixing popped up.

I'll leave the update file above available for those who really want to test it or can't wait. If possible, make a backup of your 1.2 Afcad2 file prior to installing the 1.5 Update.
P3033

Post by P3033 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:27 am

I will re-download the AFCAD on the site when I get back in the states. Good Luck on the update progress :)
-M
Yuyo

where ???

Post by Yuyo » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:52 pm

Hi .. where can i download the 1.5 update ?? My Miami is still showing up the sand and construction .. and it´s time to get on date :D

Did the AFCAD will bring some approaches to the new runways ??? .. downloading real w. weather I do still receive orders af making approach to 9R and 27L ... i will love entering north airport´s runways ..
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:12 pm

hmmm, not much i could do with the afcad, I'm thinking that I might just number the runways myself, maybe do some fine tuneing on my own.
Yuyo

nice .. !

Post by Yuyo » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:26 am

It´s nice .. but my question has not been answered .. do new runways work using real world weather ? .. i mean 8 and 26 ??? .. i just receive landing and takeoffs of 9 and 27 ...
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:08 pm

I noticed an Issue with night textures. Some of the ground night textures do not work on the the runways, I will send a pic in an hour, when i get back. The textures just seem a little off, so do the runways(AFCAD wise).