(P3D) Apron lights flicker in distance/Memory issues

hamoody

(P3D) Apron lights flicker in distance/Memory issues

Post by hamoody » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:46 pm

I recently uninstalled then reinstalled P3D, and I'm having a problem I didn't have before in Toronto. It seems that the apron lights have an antialiasing problem in the distance, causing them to look like flickering black dots. I tried the highest AA settings in P3D but saw no change. I am running the lite texture pack, and have almost everything disabled besides the train and light halo effect. I see no other AA issues at this or any other airport at all. Also, despite having all the same addons installed and all the same settings applied as my previous install, I've noticed 'pinging', CPU useage, and memory errors that I didn't have before (again despite the 'lite' pack and most everything disabled). Could these problems be related?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: (P3D) Apron lights flicker in distance/Memory issues

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 pm

These "flickering black dots" are the apron lights for sure? When you disable the Light Effects in the config tool the problem is gone? If possible post a screenshot, as you describe it I'm having a hard time figuring out what it could be.
Nepomuk

Post by Nepomuk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 am

Try disabling HDR. HDR causes those black/white flickering dots on my system.

Regards
Nepomk
vanislepilot

Post by vanislepilot » Thu May 02, 2019 6:12 pm

hamoody wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:46 pm
I recently uninstalled then reinstalled P3D, and I'm having a problem I didn't have before in Toronto. It seems that the apron lights have an antialiasing problem in the distance, causing them to look like flickering black dots. I tried the highest AA settings in P3D but saw no change. I am running the lite texture pack, and have almost everything disabled besides the train and light halo effect. I see no other AA issues at this or any other airport at all. Also, despite having all the same addons installed and all the same settings applied as my previous install, I've noticed 'pinging', CPU useage, and memory errors that I didn't have before (again despite the 'lite' pack and most everything disabled). Could these problems be related?
Not sure if this has been completely put to bed, but keeping HDR enable in P3D v4.4, I ticked "Receive" for all sim objects under the lighting settings and this fixed the problem.