FlyTampa Toronto - Some Issues

Tinosky

FlyTampa Toronto - Some Issues

Post by Tinosky » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Good morning,

Thanks for the wonderful product. Very happy to have CYYZ, finally! :)

I have a couple issues i'd like to address. First off, the frame rate issue seems to be under control for me. I've managed to disabled all the features and just use the basics. This gives me about 17 - 20 FPS. No AI, No weather. My sliders have been set to "Sparse" since I cannot run the scenery on any other setting. I get under 8 frames if I do.

Now, the issue with having the slider set to "Sparse" is that my other airports are missing jet-ways or other parts of the scenery. For example; If I want to fly from Toronto to Vancouver, The jet-ways at FSDT Vancouver are missing since the slider is set so low. It's also missing some other features as well.

So in other words, I am unable to fly to other airports from YYZ at this time. I would really appreciate if something else could be done about that...

I appreciate the work that has been put into this scenery.

Thank you.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: FlyTampa Toronto - Some Issues

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:30 pm

There is no solution to that other then to change the slider mid-flight. Our own airports other then Toronto do also not display all details when at "very sparse". In case of Toronto there is something within the stock scenery that changes with the Complexity slider, but I never figured out what it is. If I knew, I could just exclude it and get the same result with the slider at max.
Lude2Envy

Re: FlyTampa Toronto - Some Issues

Post by Lude2Envy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Tinosky wrote:Good morning,

Thanks for the wonderful product. Very happy to have CYYZ, finally! :)

I have a couple issues i'd like to address. First off, the frame rate issue seems to be under control for me. I've managed to disabled all the features and just use the basics. This gives me about 17 - 20 FPS. No AI, No weather. My sliders have been set to "Sparse" since I cannot run the scenery on any other setting. I get under 8 frames if I do.

Now, the issue with having the slider set to "Sparse" is that my other airports are missing jet-ways or other parts of the scenery. For example; If I want to fly from Toronto to Vancouver, The jet-ways at FSDT Vancouver are missing since the slider is set so low. It's also missing some other features as well.

So in other words, I am unable to fly to other airports from YYZ at this time. I would really appreciate if something else could be done about that...

I appreciate the work that has been put into this scenery.

Thank you.
Are you running FTX Vector by any chance? I found that if I just disable FTX Vector in my scenery library, everything else runs ok - including CYYZ with FTX Global. Vector is the real VAS hog.