fakeflyer737

patch

Post by fakeflyer737 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm

is a patch planned so we can disable more stuff for better performance. thanks
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: patch

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Disabling stuff in the Config Tool is basically removing BGL files. There are a a couple of extra BGL files I suggested one user could remove in the long FPS thread, but I don't think I'll be making this an option in the Tool.
Tinosky

Post by Tinosky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:16 pm

So there's no chance to make it more performance friendly?

Hope you guys can find a way. It would be a shame that I cant use all the awesome features that are included.

Thanks,
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:23 pm

If you mean to have all the Toronto Options turned on, full AI, complex Aircraft, Clouds and make it run the same as TNCM or Dubai, thats not going to happen. For one this region already runs half the speed of the other two examples without any Addons, second the optional features we included in Toronto don't exist in the older Addons.
fakeflyer737

Post by fakeflyer737 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 pm

I turn everything off, I use low textures, no AI, and have AG pretty low. CYUL/KIAD/KIAH/KLAX/KJFK etc all run amazing on my computer, I seriously think something is wrong with YYZ. Like seriously, I can fly into JFK (FSDT) with the NGX and get 30+ FPS consistently, I fly the Majestic Q400 into Toronto and struggle to maintain 19+ FPS.
Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 pm

That area already has a performance impact even without FT CYYZ installed. Much like the default KSEA, that place tanks my FPS too and I have a powerful computer with a Titan GPU. Some areas in FSX and P3D are just like that and there's not much that can be done to improve the situation.
germanflaps

Post by germanflaps » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:07 pm

...just wait for LM P3D 64 bit. 8) Shouldn't take too much longer.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Can you check how much extra FPS boost you get from temporarely moving the following BGLs out of the folder
Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Toronto/scenery/

This is assuming that you already disabled all option in the Config Tool and Set Terminal Glass to Opaque:

Temporarily remove:
cyyz_terminal1.bgl
cyyz_terminal1_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal3.bgl
cyyz_terminal3_details.bg
cyyz_garages.bgl

I know this will leave you without terminal buildings, I just want to know if the FPS difference on your machines is significant. If it is I could break these files up to make a more bare-bone version that saves fps. If the perf difference is too small (2-4 fps) it would not be worth it and better to investigate other files.
andarlite

Post by andarlite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Removing those files had no impact at all for me.