FPS low

Post Reply
ywg256
Posts: 131

Re: FPS low

Post by ywg256 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:34 am

DJJose wrote:I'm seeing excellent performance with a default Toronto installed and everything ticked. I'm not using the lower textures and I have FTXG + FTX Vectors and I'm rendering FPS 25+ smooth FPS. At night I get even better performance.

I have a 2600K OC to 4.7 and a gtx660ti 3gig card. Poor performance could be system related.

BTW: This is an excellent rendition of Toronto. Thank you FlyTampa for another great airport.
I'm envious because our set ups are very similar. I have downloaded P3D v2.5 and will do a complete fresh install of it sometime this weekend and see what happens. All I know is I compared the following sceneries that are of similar size to CYYZ with all other sceneries eye candy enabled and these are the results.

Flightbeam - all in the 40FPS range
KDEN
KPHX
KIAD
KSFO - this one dips into the mid high 30s

FSDreamteam
KJFK - 30s
KLAX - this is close to cyyz but still consistantly above the 20s...22-28FPS
KIAH - 40s
KLAS - 40s
KDFW - 30s
KORD - 30s

FT
CYUL - high 20s
OMDB - crippling - havent used it in ages
LOWW - 30s
CYYZ 16-20

T2G - LTBA 30s

LatinVFR
KMIA - 30s
KSAN - 30s
Teetonka
Posts: 30

Re: FPS low

Post by Teetonka » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:36 am

Firstly thanks a million for an amazing rendition of Toronto - been waiting far too long for one!

Going to have to chime in on performance issues, particularly at night. I have the Litex pack installed for all options and have disable nearly everything in the configurator. In the PMDG 777 I'm seeing between 9-12 fps on approach to RWY23 at night. This is in combination with UTX Canada and FTX Global (with UTX lights off fps increases to between 11-14).

During the daytime the performance is much better, although still not ideal. On approach to 23 in the 777 I experience 17-20 fps. Taxiing around the airport seems ok however, in the low to mid 20s.

I've been tinkering with a lot of settings generally in FSX and the FT config, also did a clean install of FSX. I realize that the performance issues are largely due to the geographic area of Toronto, but any means of getting a flyable night approach would be appreciated... It's confusing when you say your night performance is actually better! Specs are below.

SPECS:
CPU: i7 2600k (4.5GHz), MOBO: Asus P8P6,7 RAM: 8GB, GPU: GTX 770 2GB
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5196

Re: FPS low

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 am

fakeflyer737 wrote:I don't use AI though. Can we turn the cars off somehow in the parking lots?
You can turn them off but its not an option (in the Config Tool) because their shadows are baked into the textures so you'll have car shadows on the roofs but no cars.
Files to delete/move:

cyyz_veh_garage_roofs1.bgl
cyyz_veh_garage_roofs2.bgl
cyyz_veh13.bgl
cyyz_veh14.bgl
cyyz_veh15.bgl
cyyz_veh16.bgl

For performance sake, you could also see if disabling these files helps, assuming most options in the config tool are turned off already:
cyyz_terminal1_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal3_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal3_sat_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal_infield_details.bgl
cyyz_grassov.bgl
cyyz_veh_deice_lights.bgl
cyyz_apron_lights.bgl
fakeflyer737
Posts: 57

Re: FPS low

Post by fakeflyer737 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:46 am

The only thing I'm using in the Control Panel is "Apron Vehicles & Details," is it still OK to turn off/delete these files? I find the Airport completely empty with Apron Vehicles off.
ywg256
Posts: 131

Re: FPS low

Post by ywg256 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:03 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:
fakeflyer737 wrote:I don't use AI though. Can we turn the cars off somehow in the parking lots?
You can turn them off but its not an option (in the Config Tool) because their shadows are baked into the textures so you'll have car shadows on the roofs but no cars.
Files to delete/move:

cyyz_veh_garage_roofs1.bgl
cyyz_veh_garage_roofs2.bgl
cyyz_veh13.bgl
cyyz_veh14.bgl
cyyz_veh15.bgl
cyyz_veh16.bgl

For performance sake, you could also see if disabling these files helps, assuming most options in the config tool are turned off already:
cyyz_terminal1_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal3_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal3_sat_details.bgl
cyyz_terminal_infield_details.bgl
cyyz_grassov.bgl
cyyz_veh_deice_lights.bgl
cyyz_apron_lights.bgl
To me this seems silly to have everything turned off in the configurator plus delete files to have a flyable experience when comparing other sceneries that have complexity maxed with frame in the 30s... there has to be something else at play here because i cant see how there could be that huge a performance hit at cyyz.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5196

Re: FPS low

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 am

Ran some tests with the LITETEX pack installed and the Config Tool option trimmed down:
-Opaque Glass, No Interior
-Vehicle Options all Off
-Effects only Apron Lamp Halo and Snow Drift On
-Other Options all Off

PS: Previous shots I posted were with default Install Options and default Textures.

Daytime: 63
Daytime with AI 100%: 27 (so AI cost me 36 fps in that view)
Night without AI: 48 (with FTX Global Street Orbs)... didn't dare to load with 100% AI at night, prob <20.
Attachments
cyyz-config-off-litetex-noai-night.jpg
cyyz-config-off-litetex-noai-night.jpg (184.25 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
cyyz-config-off-litetex-ai.jpg
cyyz-config-off-litetex-ai.jpg (265.75 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
cyyz-config-off-litetex-noai.jpg
cyyz-config-off-litetex-noai.jpg (251.47 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
ywg256
Posts: 131

Re: FPS low

Post by ywg256 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:10 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:Ran some tests with the LITETEX pack installed and the Config Tool option trimmed down:
-Opaque Glass, No Interior
-Vehicle Options all Off
-Effects only Apron Lamp Halo and Snow Drift On
-Other Options all Off

PS: Previous shots I posted were with default Install Options and default Textures.

Daytime: 63
Daytime with AI 100%: 27 (so AI cost me 36 fps in that view)
Night: 48 (with FTX Global Street Orbs)



P3d or fsx?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5196

Re: FPS low

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 am

ywg256 wrote:To me this seems silly to have everything turned off in the configurator plus delete files to have a flyable experience when comparing other sceneries that have complexity maxed with frame in the 30s... there has to be something else at play here because i cant see how there could be that huge a performance hit at cyyz.
Of course you're right, the user asked specifically how to remove cars from garages since they don't get turned off by the Config Tool.

The fact that you have at Dubai/OMDB "crippling performance" makes me wonder what could be wrong tho, because Dubai is generally considered to have excellent performance when I look at forums and user feedback. It certainly performs better then CYYZ, CYUL, LOWW on all systems I saw it run on. Not slightly better, but a lot better I mean, by virtue of being in an area where there is very little stock-data such as precise vector coastlines, roads, landclass etc.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5196

Re: FPS low

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:17 am

ywg256 wrote:P3d or fsx?
Shots were FSX DX9, all settings on Max in Scenery Tab except Water 1 step short of Max and Scenery cast shadows Off.
ywg256
Posts: 131

Re: FPS low

Post by ywg256 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:21 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:
ywg256 wrote:To me this seems silly to have everything turned off in the configurator plus delete files to have a flyable experience when comparing other sceneries that have complexity maxed with frame in the 30s... there has to be something else at play here because i cant see how there could be that huge a performance hit at cyyz.
Of course you're right, the user asked specifically how to remove cars from garages since they don't get turned off by the Config Tool.

The fact that you have at Dubai/OMDB "crippling performance" makes me wonder what could be wrong tho, because Dubai is generally considered to have excellent performance when I look at forums and user feedback. It certainly performs better then CYYZ, CYUL, LOWW on all systems I saw it run on. Not slightly better, but a lot better I mean, by virtue of being in an area where there is very little stock-data such as precise vector coastlines, roads, landclass etc.
Your guess is as good as mine all your other sceneries i bought work great with max settings...ill install p3d 2.5 at some point this weekend and see what happens. Maybe i have a weird bottleneck somewhere with the current install of p3d...dont know...i used to use omdb with fs9 and was smooth but fsx and p3d was not usable...
atco
Posts: 55

Re: FPS low

Post by atco » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:51 am

If you have any vector products installed that will cause a large performance loss because of the location of Toronto.
Its located in an area with many vector coastlines and a ton of roads and highways. There is a huge amount of vector data in the Toronto area and even with the default scenery you will suffer a hit in this area. Watch the car traffic slider too because of all the major roads. I have mine set at 7%

I use Orbx Global Vector and I have turned down a few of the settings and it sure helps. No traffic on primary or secondary roads, no tertiary roads and everything else ticked.

Try disabling FT YYZ in the scenery library and see what your frames are like just with the default scenery and that will give you a baseline to work with.

During testing I found I could run most settings on. The only things I disabled were internal modelling, de-icing trucks, static 747, 3D people, 3D taxiway edge lights, 3D grass and the drifting snow.
With scenery complexity at max and autogen at dense I was getting 40-60fps with no AI and when I added 100% AI I would get 15-30 depending on where I was looking.

AI will cause a huge hit at YYZ - You have to remember it has more aircraft movements than JFK, Newark and Hong Kong so if you run full AI, its going to have an impact.

There is no question though that through testing it was noticeable that just with default scenery only that Toronto suffered more FPS wise than most other locations, so already we are starting from a little behind the 8 ball
ywg256
Posts: 131

Re: FPS low

Post by ywg256 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:21 pm

atco wrote:If you have any vector products installed that will cause a large performance loss because of the location of Toronto.
Its located in an area with many vector coastlines and a ton of roads and highways. There is a huge amount of vector data in the Toronto area and even with the default scenery you will suffer a hit in this area. Watch the car traffic slider too because of all the major roads. I have mine set at 7%

I use Orbx Global Vector and I have turned down a few of the settings and it sure helps. No traffic on primary or secondary roads, no tertiary roads and everything else ticked.

Try disabling FT YYZ in the scenery library and see what your frames are like just with the default scenery and that will give you a baseline to work with.

During testing I found I could run most settings on. The only things I disabled were internal modelling, de-icing trucks, static 747, 3D people, 3D taxiway edge lights, 3D grass and the drifting snow.
With scenery complexity at max and autogen at dense I was getting 40-60fps with no AI and when I added 100% AI I would get 15-30 depending on where I was looking.

AI will cause a huge hit at YYZ - You have to remember it has more aircraft movements than JFK, Newark and Hong Kong so if you run full AI, its going to have an impact.

There is no question though that through testing it was noticeable that just with default scenery only that Toronto suffered more FPS wise than most other locations, so already we are starting from a little behind the 8 ball
excellent information here, atco, thank you. I hope you guys don't think I am slamming the scenery by any means at all. I am confident it is simply the set up at hand that I have so I am going to do a clean install of P3D v2.5 and from there will see what i get with cyyz with and without FTX vector, etc.
Cooper382
Posts: 3

Re: FPS low

Post by Cooper382 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:36 pm

I have a massive FPS Problem, too.

I have reduced my Settings in Scenery, Traffic, Weather and get only 4-9 FPS.

My System:

Intel I7 2600k (OC to 4,6GHz)
16 GB Ram
GTX 670 2GB

FSX + Acceleration
FS Global 2008
FTX Global + Vector
AS Next + Rex 4 + Soft Clouds


Even if I didn't Start AS Next and use the FSX default Weather Settings i get this boring FPS. It doesn't matterwhat Type of Plane i choose: PMDG 737, 777, AXE 320, Blackbox A330, default 737...

I don't want to throw again money out of the Window like I have done with with an other Scenery (not FlyTampa)

FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted runs perfectly Smooth...!!!
Lude2Envy
Posts: 145

Re: FPS low

Post by Lude2Envy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:49 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:
ywg256 wrote:P3d or fsx?
Shots were FSX DX9, all settings on Max in Scenery Tab except Water 1 step short of Max and Scenery cast shadows Off.
Hey Martin. Do you use NV Inspector for FSX? If so, what settings do you use to get your performance? I see a lot of controversy between using the NVI frame limiter and the built in limiter in FSX. I also see a lot of different recommendations with using the frame limiter with VSYNC. Some say to lock it at 30 FPS and use VSYNC at 1/2 refresh rate. Others says to use only the internal limiter and leave FPS at unlimited. Do you generally use FTX Global/Vector and REX 4 with PMDG aircraft? What settings do you recommend for P3D 2.5 as well? Thanks!
Post Reply