Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Toronto

Thank you, I very much have OCD when it comes to my home airport!
I do appreciate your kind words, that's always nice to hear.

Regarding Avianca/LACSA, this is sadly where the sim limitations get the better of things.
They actually park at Terminal One, but T1 of course gets very overcrowded with AC, Jazz, SkyRegional, United, Rouge, Sunwing etc.
Gates 136 and 138 are coded for LRC and AVA as well as 153, 155 and 157.
The problem though is that FS first looks at the gate radius to assign parking then tries to match a parking code.
However FS also loads traffic bgl files by name, so Air Canada is going to get loaded very early on as is Air Canada Express. A lot of what you see is governed by how your traffic files are named or if you have a single large traffic file by the aircraft order in that.

FS loads parking on initial load that way before allocating parking on a first come first served basis going forward.
So in this example if Gates 136,138,153,155 and 157 are all occupied when FS loads the Avianca bgl it will simply allocate the first available gate that matches the aircraft radius (19.1m for a small Airbus) and ignore the code because it cannot match the radius and the code together.

There really is just no way to overcome all of the inherent sim limitations to get any airport to 100% replicate its real life counterpart, but there are a few tricks that can be used to get it as close as possible!
Hope that has answered your question without getting lost in a mass of technical information :)
 nosaj_armstrong (Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm)

Thank you so much! Makes perfect sense to me!

I work on the Ramp at YYZ. I have edited my afcad to reflect what I see daily, if anyone is interested. I also had to make special parking codes for Jazz Air, the Emirates A380, and all the Us regional aircraft to make them park in the proper places.

iFlysimX wrote:Which would be the real life operations?
The logic behind runway ops at yyz is puzzling. Generally aircraft use the runways with the prevailing wind direction but on occasion, some get cleared to use another. I could go into detail if any requests...

The ADE as provided has the correct codes and correct radius.
The Emirates A380 should park at either stand 173 or 175 as that gate has the correct radius for the A380 at 40.1m based on its actual wingspan value.

No idea why you would make parking codes for Jazz as there are many gates coded for JZA and also ACAX if anyone uses that code. Likewise all the US regionals will park on the North side of T3, with DALX, AALX, AWEX codes. United Express parks at T1 and those gates are coded appropriately.

I'm not sure why you would need to edit it, the ADE as supplied does exactly what you have wanted right from the get go.

Also if you want a detailed runway usage explanation I would suggest reading the pdf included with the ADE zip which goes over this in great depth.

Like I said before, I work there, I see lots of things...what you said is not entirely correct. The US flights, especially the regionals, are grouped at certain gates. That includes trans border Westjet, Canjet and Air Transat, Sunwing, Rouge, and Air Canada. As for your Terminal One, Jazz does not just park in the regional gates. Its turbo props except the Q400 congregate in the US regional transborder gates (gate 244 onwards) as well as all US props. The rjs are different story.
As for runway operations, its more realistic to just leave it how it is. No need to open all runways using that "star" method.

I am a little confused....I put a bgl file in my cyyz scenery but I don't see anything. What exactly is this file supposed to do? I was anticipating seeing AI aircraft in RW colours on the ramp.

ysfsim wrote:Like I said before, I work there, I see lots of things...what you said is not entirely correct. The US flights, especially the regionals, are grouped at certain gates. That includes trans border Westjet, Canjet and Air Transat, Sunwing, Rouge, and Air Canada. As for your Terminal One, Jazz does not just park in the regional gates. Its turbo props except the Q400 congregate in the US regional transborder gates (gate 244 onwards) as well as all US props. The rjs are different story.
As for runway operations, its more realistic to just leave it how it is. No need to open all runways using that "star" method.

Clearly you are confused about "star method". None of the runways have been opened using the crosswind star technique if that's what you are talking about. I have used the star crossing for GROUND operations, for crossing from 06R/24L over 06L/24R. Nothing to do with opening runways.

Yes, you've said you work there numerous times, that's nice for you. I do too.

All of the things you are saying happen in the base ADE. American Eagle and Delta Connection park from B7 to B12. Westjet, Encore, Canjet and Air Transat all park in the appropriate places at T3:

You can't specify a gate as a "Transborder" gate in FS. The FS engine doesn't care where the aircraft departed from or is going to. It simply allocates the best parking match available based on its internal scoring system.

Gates 244 onwards are coded for Jazz, and I see plenty of Jazz traffic there. They are also coded for United Express and US Airways Express as well as SkyRegional and Georgian overflow. Again if you are sizing gates to fit a DH8A but not a DH8D then that's way beyond the complexity of most people's AI setups and really is in the realm of personal custom.
Also where does that DH8D park when its spot is taken by another DH8D? You have to have enough spots for a range of radius sizes, otherwise traffic will not be able to park and will either head for larger overflow spots or simply disappear on landing. If you are sizing gates to specific types rather than to a collection of similar sized aircraft then you better be sure you have enough parking for every single type that visits the airport, because once you have one more aircraft than available spot you run into all kinds of problems.

The way FS loads traffic bgl files means that parking is always a compromise. When running AI traffic at 100% there is usually not enough spaces to accomodate all traffic, and there are issues like some gates in reality can handle 1 heavy or 2 smaller aircraft. FS can't replicate this, it either has to be a heavy gate or 2 smaller gates and not both. So you can run into problems with not enough heavy gates and aircraft head to overflow parking instead of a gate. A choice has to be made.

If you have a specific AI setup with your own codes and radius values then no ADE will ever function properly out of the box. When releasing an ADE file for thousands of people to use it has to accommodate a wide range of users all with differing AI setups.
I've attempted to do that wile remaining as faithful to the real life operations at YYZ as possible within the confines of the simulator.
 nosaj_armstrong (Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 pm)

Good Evening!

Just curious if this file will be updated every so often. With the arrival of SkyGreece, TAM, etc.. will there be an update to this great file you created? Thanks again!

nosaj_armstrong wrote:Good Evening!

Just curious if this file will be updated every so often. With the arrival of SkyGreece, TAM, etc.. will there be an update to this great file you created? Thanks again!

Absolutely, just waiting for the Summer schedules to become completely final (mostly any a/c type changes) then will have a Summer 2015 update. It's unlikely this will be too far away :)

Attached is the update for Summer 2015.

Changes:
Made 2 Westjet gates medium size to accomodate 767 service starting this Winter

Added gates for TAM and SkyGreece Airlines

Enjoy everyone :)
CYYZ ADE Final Package 08MAY15.zip
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 469 times
 nosaj_armstrong (Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm)

Hello!

I am unsure if this is an AFCAD problem but thought I'd ask. Heavy aircraft such as 773s approach higher than normal and then do not land, just go around. All other aircraft seem to land fine. Any ideas or suggestions?
 nosaj_armstrong (Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 am)

Sorry to keep bugging but does anybody else have this problem? 767s land fine but 777s for example approach very high and then go around.

Not seen that at all to be honest, my Fruit Stand 777's all make the same approach as the other aircraft.

Perhaps its an FDE issue related to your AI 777's. If you don't have them already I recommend Jan Martin's improved ADE sets. I'm not sure where you can get them now as Jan took his website down.

If you have issues with only one type its almost certainly not ADE related.