Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Toronto

martin[flytampa] (Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5186 | Location: Tampa/FL
Set of Optional ADE/Afcad files for various runway operations at Toronto created by our friend Garry Lewis. Please note the Toronto Installer comes with "CYYZ_ADEX_FLYTAMPA_TRIPLE_BASE.BGL" by default.
CYYZ ADE Final Package 11FEB15.zip
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 1543 times

Which would be the real life operations?
 george[flytampa] (Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:19 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3269 | Location: Southampton, UK
iFlysimX wrote:Which would be the real life operations?

Read the PDF include with it.

I'm going to be here and happy to answer any questions any of you have regarding the ADE files and operations at CYYZ itself.

It is my plan to keep the ADE's constantly updated to reflect real life operations at the airport as much as possible.

People familiar with the airport will know that taxiway F has recently been extended to run the full length of 33L and taxiways M1, M3 and M have been renamed F1, F3 and F respectively.
This was discussed with FlyTampa but wasn't feasible at the late stage of development and without suitable ground imagery at this time.

I would ask please that before asking anything please do read the documentation supplied. I tried hard to answer the most basic questions in there.

Just want to add my formal thanks to FlyTampa for this absolute masterpiece. It is by a million miles the best, most realistic rendition of CYYZ there has ever been for any flight simulator.

Cheers
Garry

Well done Garry :wink:

Thanks for your contribution Garry,

This will seem like a dumb question. But I don't know the answer. If I want to use one of your files, do I have to turn anything off in the CYYZ scenery file?

Thanks,

Graham
 martin[flytampa] (Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:04 am)

Site Admin | Posts: 5186 | Location: Tampa/FL
gfd wrote:Thanks for your contribution Garry,
This will seem like a dumb question. But I don't know the answer. If I want to use one of your files, do I have to turn anything off in the CYYZ scenery file?
Graham

Yes, when you pick one of the other ADE files, you have to disable/delete the default ADE: CYYZ_ADEX_FLYTAMPA_TRIPLE_BASE.BGL.

Thank you.

Yes, only ever have one ADE file active at a time. Disable any others by changing the extension from .bgl to .bak or .off
That's all, no need to touch any of the other files.

And thanks atco.

I wound up keeping the CYYZ_ADEX_FLYTAMPA_TRIPLE_BASE.BGL but I also noted the version in the attached zip is a day or two newer than the default installation. Are they exactly the same?

They will be the same. But if you're concerned just overwrite the original from the zip of course :)

If you are like me and want as real as it gets operations at your favourite airports, I cannot recommend this free utility highly enough (FSX/P3D):
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462339-ai- ... -new-beta/

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eabrm ... ler14A.zip

AI Controller V1.4 is a very, very powerful program that can now control AI aircraft all the way from gate to gate, assigning SID, STARS, jet routes, providing separation and so much more.
There are absolutely tons of options, its highly customisable and incredibly powerful in what it can do.
Do note however because it effectively takes control of AI from FSX/P3D it does not work well with the default ATC.
It can also use PMDG navdata to keep your airports up to date and you can also customise your own approaches and data. For example it comes with ready made files to allow AI to execute approaches around mountains in Innsbruck and Tegucigalpa Toncontin.

I would recommend giving it a try!
 nosaj_armstrong (Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:34 pm)

Excellent AFCAD file! I fly out of Toronto regularly and it could not be more precise! Thank you.

Quick question, I was unable to determine if Taca/Avianca was assigned a specific gate. I see it parking in the gates just North of Terminal 3-US departures. I understand that there are limitations in FSX and it may be impossible to get it to park in the International side but thought I'd ask. Cheers!