Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Toronto

Thank you!!

Once again Martin let me say that this is another phenomenal crazy scenery. I'm completely stoked in so much that all I've done for the first 2 hrs was just taxing around the airport in amazement. Quick question before I even waste any more hours searching away from enjoying the experience, can you briefly share what exactly we will be losing when throttling done on the complexity setting in FSX. I can't seem to find precise information pertaining to the type of detail. Thx
Truly love this scenery..worth the long but anticipated wait. Thank you
 martin[flytampa] (Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5201 | Location: Tampa/FL
If you use the updated files posted here (sparse.zip):
viewtopic.php?p=45748#p45748

... and put the Scenery Complexity at "Sparse" you don't loose anything I'm aware of within our Addon. At "Very Sparse" you loose the IK-Jetways.

For some reason FPS may go up and I don't know why (happens when running stock CYYZ as well). I noticed 10-20 fps gain maximum on my tests. What does go missing in terms of default scenery are some "extrusion-bridges" and downtown buildings. But I already tried all kinds of excludes on those to see if the performance stays up with the slider back at "Extreme Dense" but it does not. In fact we ran these test with the Autogen set to "None" in order to scan the wider area for any Objects that are left (not part of Autogen Slider) and excluded what we found without results. The Complexity slider just seems to make this difference without any obvious visual difference.

A big problem is of course that if you fly to some other Airports & Sceneries in this "Sparse" Mode, there maybe all kinds of details missing from them. This slider is normally used a lot within Addons to control levels of complexity.

As you said...it worked like a charm. Much better performance with that, thank you. I just completed a flight from CYYZ to CYUL, all sliders Right except Complexity and water. AI Traffic set at 55% with roads and ships Traffics @ 16%/40%/40% using ABX a319. Interestingly, there is seemingly a VAS spike between the two Airports (not the scenery) I saw the vast crep to 3.8GB then down to 3.10GB as I bypassed CYUL. FSX finally OoM as I parked at CYUL gate. I'm heading back to CYYZ in the CS767 and Complexity back to max just to experiment.

Thanks so much for making this wonderful scenery.
It's a work of art and after disabling FTX Vector (500+mb VAS), I am able to fly in and out of Toronto without problem in the Q400.

Having out of memory issues. Do I need to delete the high texture version files before I run the Lite texture pack?
Thanks
Rick