Toronto 1.6 (Prepar3D V4 only)

Mantock

Re: Toronto 1.5 (Prepar3D V4 only)

Post by Mantock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Mantock wrote:Hi folks,

I just reinstalled Toronto (and Montreal) this evening and when I go to run my P3Dv4 it crashes just after I hit the 'fly' button when trying to fly from Toronto, I have gone to the event viewer and its pointing me to this specific dll.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x6529f37c
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f4d1b
Faulting process ID: 0x2b38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c3d45fd4b334
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 89f74bb8-821f-4717-a2fa-274758780e95
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
---------------------------------------------

UPDATE

After a PC reboot it worked once, and now it still crashes every time I try to fly at either Toronto or Montreal :(
Mantock

Post by Mantock » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey folks just an update,

I am getting P3Dv4.4 crashes every time I try to load up Toronto, I even uninstalled and reinstalled v1.4 so rolled it back to the non pbr version but with no success, all other airports other than Toronto and Montreal load perfectly fine except these two now.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 pm

By crash you mean the Sim exits, not a collision detection right? Remove Toronto completely, also 1.4 (just delete the folder FlyTampa/Toronto/), see if stocks CYYZ works fine.
zsolt.monostori

Post by zsolt.monostori » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Guys, just downloaded the new version of CYYZ - a scenery that used to be quite rough on my system. I still loved it very much simply because I love Toronto (and Canada in general) but flying there, especially during dusk and dawn was a challenge, my FPS often fell into the low teens, and taxiing in after landing was everything but smooth... Long story short I could never enjoy it to the max. As such I didn't have high expectations from this update, I thought that adding even more advanced stuff will make it even more FPS hungry, but I was kind of hoping it will still not be as hard on performance as Boston (which I in fact uninstalled due to its toll on my FPS).

As always, I started with all boxes ticked, and thought I am gonna work my way backwards... And then, bang! Man, it's smooth as silk, all freaking boxes ticked, all eye candy on, yet not a single FPS drop! Drop? On the contrary, in certain areas of the airport, where I used to see 18-22 FPS is now 30-40 so I said to myself, what the heck! This is truly surprising, this time it wasn't the FPS but my jaw that dropped! The old FlyTampa again, the FlyTampa that I fell in love with where super quality does come with great performance! Yesss!

Now it's obvious I am gonna purchase the CYUL update at some point, I just need a reason to fly there as I am spending my sim time mostly in the PMDG 747-8 these days, a type that does not visit CYUL too often. :-)

Deep inside of my heart, I am hoping that KBOS will be given a similar update that will boost the performance like that so I can finally put it back on my destination map.

Anyways, thank you very much for this update, incredible work, restored my faith in FlyTampa for sure! Way to go!
Mantock

Post by Mantock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 am

Hi folks,

Update - I found that my problem was not with the flytampa scenery it was another addon that was running in the background, I reinstalled that and now everything works ok. I guess not all P3D addons liked my motherboard change!!
canadagoose

Post by canadagoose » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi, I just updated Toronto to v1.5 and all I see is basically a default airport and HSBC Gates on the apron, no buildings. I installed the 1.5 over top of the v1.4. Any ideas? My scenery library has a greyed out entry with a Toronto folder as well as a Toronto_LC folder (I cannot delete these folders), There is another entry that I can delete for Toronto as well.

Regards
canadagoose

Post by canadagoose » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm

I just deleted the one entry in the Scenery library and everything is OK. Things always seem to work them selves out in the end. Sorry for the bother.

Regards
bosflyer

Re: Toronto 1.6 (Prepar3D V4 only)

Post by bosflyer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Is the universal installers only for 4.4? I saw on Toronto there is an option to not use PBR. Can I use the old way but have the universal installer install the 1.6 version? I'm trying hard not to go to 4.4 but it's getting very hard when I see these masterpieces. :wink:
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 pm

bosflyer wrote:Is the universal installers only for 4.4? I saw on Toronto there is an option to not use PBR. Can I use the old way but have the universal installer install the 1.6 version? I'm trying hard not to go to 4.4 but it's getting very hard when I see these masterpieces. :wink:
If you're on P3D4.3 there is no need to install this Toronto Update.
bosflyer

Post by bosflyer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Doesn't the universal installer just make things nice and tidy or are there actually new features? I would like to have everything installed correctly so that would be a nice benefit but stay with 4.3.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:34 pm

bosflyer wrote:Doesn't the universal installer just make things nice and tidy or are there actually new features? I would like to have everything installed correctly so that would be a nice benefit but stay with 4.3.
You can just run the Universal Installer, enter your serial key, afterwards you will see a version history/changelog of the airport you're about to install. At that point you can still abort the Installation. In case of Toronto not much changed because Toronto was recently updated anyway. In other cases, like Montreal, there are a number of fixes between version 2.0 and current 2.2. You can do this for all airports currently supported by the Universal Installer (enter serial, see changelog, decide to install or abort).
frantzy

Post by frantzy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:19 am

zsolt.monostori wrote: As always, I started with all boxes ticked, and thought I am gonna work my way backwards... And then, bang! Man, it's smooth as silk, all freaking boxes ticked, all eye candy on, yet not a single FPS drop! Drop? On the contrary, in certain areas of the airport, where I used to see 18-22 FPS is now 30-40 so I said to myself, what the heck! This is truly surprising, this time it wasn't the FPS but my jaw that dropped! The old FlyTampa again, the FlyTampa that I fell in love with where super quality does come with great performance! Yesss!
That is my experience too! Looks spectacular at night and runs great
HBZUG

Post by HBZUG » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:02 am

I updated my KBOS and CYYZ with the new installer system (W10 / P3DV4). While KBOS installed fine, there is a problem with CYYZ: a black ground where buildings should be and vehicules floating around in the air. I did delete the previous installation before the update.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:39 am

HBZUG wrote:I updated my KBOS and CYYZ with the new installer system (W10 / P3DV4). While KBOS installed fine, there is a problem with CYYZ: a black ground where buildings should be and vehicules floating around in the air. I did delete the previous installation before the update.
Check If the Scenery Library only shows one entry for FlyTampa-Toronto.