Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Toronto

Raphael_Chacon (Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 pm)

Thanks,

Before reading your message and thinking about last messages, i started to manually delete the Scenery.CFG entries, and add them to the AppData/Addon.CFG entries one by one. But only added those with the Add-to-P3D.cmd within its files.... Was just instinct, because i remembered some other FT sceneries were never added to the Addon.CFG(greyed list).

It worked!!!! :)

CYYZ:

KBOS:

I wonder why?? :|

Why some FT sceneries like Dubai and/or Tampa(Which i have installed but dont have the Add-to-P3D.cmd file in its files), still work well even if not greyed out, but Boston, Toronto and those with the Add-to-P3D.cmd within its files need to be greyed out to work correctly? What is "greyed out" meaning in term of how it works different from old entries?

That is my lesson learn from all all this history.... for my future "recovery point backup"
 martin[flytampa] (Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5223 | Location: Tampa/FL
Glad that fixed it.The old scenery.cfg entries that haven't changed since FS2002 can no longer be used for Addons made for P3Dv4 that make use of certain new V4 features. P3D now has a new system to register the Addons which is what these greyed out entries are.

The reason some of our airports have the old sscenery.cfg entries and other use the new method is because some haven't been fully remade for P3Dv4 yet. Specifically the ones you need the V4 updates for, those still use the scenery.cfg: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302
 Raphael_Chacon (Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:03 pm)

All right,

Its been a very interesting week resolving this issue. Finally is working well.

Thanks a lot for your kind support. 8)

Raphael_Chacon wrote:Thanks,

Before reading your message and thinking about last messages, i started to manually delete the Scenery.CFG entries, and add them to the AppData/Addon.CFG entries one by one. But only added those with the Add-to-P3D.cmd within its files.... Was just instinct, because i remembered some other FT sceneries were never added to the Addon.CFG(greyed list).

It worked!!!! :)

That is my lesson learn from all all this history.... for my future "recovery point backup"

Could you tell me the exact steps you took? I have e the same issue at Toronto.

Please and thank you.