Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Toronto

martin[flytampa] (Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 am)

Site Admin | Posts: 5193 | Location: Tampa/FL
yvesamuel wrote:Hi,

Are all the jetways moving, or still the same list as before?

Thank's
Yves

No changes to jetways in this version.

Hi!

I installed v1.3 but I have strange ground textures. Could you help me? Thank you!
ground.jpg
ground.jpg (519.27 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
 martin[flytampa] (Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 am)

almostatys wrote:Hi!

I installed v1.3 but I have strange ground textures. Could you help me? Thank you!

Check that the scenery is added to the Library the correct way. Pasting below from the manual/PDF:

This Addon cannot be added via the traditional Scenery Library.
Instead it must be added to Prepar3D’s “add-ons.cfg”. Normally our
Installer will do this automatically but if it fails to do so you can add it
by using one of the three methods described below. Note that if the
Addon is added using the traditional Scenery Library method, there
will be problems such as ground textures not loading, among other
issues.

1. Go to the Prepar3D folder, subfolder /FlyTampa/Airport/ and run
the file labeled “Add-to-P3D.cmd”.

2. Run the following command line within the Prepar3D main
folder, replacing the path at the end according to where you
installed the FlyTampa Addon:
Prepar3D.exe “-Configure: Category=Add-on Package,
Operation=Add, FileLocation=Roaming, c:\Prepar3D
v4\FlyTampa\Airport\”

3. Edit the “add-ons.cfg” in Notepad manually by loading the file:
C:\users\USERNAME\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed
Martin\Prepar3D v4\ add-ons.cfg
Add an entry to this file similar to the following:
[Package.1]
PATH=C: \Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Airport
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Installed Toronto ver 1.3 into P3Dv4. Later I applied the Patch and the scenery ground was black. I had to reinstall from the full Toronto ver 1.3 again to get it work. I think Patch won't work over the full installer as Toronto and Vienna. Patches work for copied files from FSX. This is what I found so far.

martin[flytampa] wrote:
yukonpete wrote:Why is it with Toronto and Sydney if I have LC enabled I get blue patches on the ground? As soon as I disable Flytampa LC its ok? I have the same issue with the previous version.

No idea sorry. Its not something commonly reported so I guess its rare and must have something to do with Settings or another conflicting Addon perhaps.

You can count me in with this issue as well.. didn't notice at first because i was only checking out the airport at ground level...Did a flight from CYOW to CYYZ and blue patches are everywhere. Sorry guys but you have a problem here...The patches are literally everywhere in the GTA. I will not give up hope yet and see if I can somehow get rid of them.

Hey Martin,

Your team of guys have done great work on these updates. I was wondering however if anyone was having any issues with extremely lengthy load times? I use a SSD and load time even for the most largest airport is like 30 sec's. Thats now increased to 3-4 min and heres the catch its happening for all sceneries. I know you probably think its something else but as soon as I remove CYYZ this new installation it goes back to 30 sec load times. It has to be something with the scenery I'm thinking. I can't stand the load times so I pretty much go without using it. Ive tried moving the entire folder out of P3Dv4 with no success. Once I install this new Toronto its pretty much a 3-4min wait to load any scenery up now.

What it seems to do is load to 11% then it stays there for like 2 minutes... Once its gets past 11% It pretty much loads straight out. Please tell me you or anyone else can help!
 george[flytampa] (Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3280 | Location: Southampton, UK
jsbl242 wrote:Hey Martin,

Your team of guys have done great work on these updates. I was wondering however if anyone was having any issues with extremely lengthy load times? I use a SSD and load time even for the most largest airport is like 30 sec's. Thats now increased to 3-4 min and heres the catch its happening for all sceneries. I know you probably think its something else but as soon as I remove CYYZ this new installation it goes back to 30 sec load times. It has to be something with the scenery I'm thinking. I can't stand the load times so I pretty much go without using it. Ive tried moving the entire folder out of P3Dv4 with no success. Once I install this new Toronto its pretty much a 3-4min wait to load any scenery up now.

What it seems to do is load to 11% then it stays there for like 2 minutes... Once its gets past 11% It pretty much loads straight out. Please tell me you or anyone else can help!

Could it be AI related? Tried turning it off?
I've not noticed the new version take any noticeable extra loading time.

My entire scenery.cfg was wiped clean. This is bad. REALLY BAD. I had TONS of scenery installed. Don't ignore that error Fly Tampa. Beyond Frustrated!

Hi gents,

My cyyz install was all good in v4.1 and migrated to v4.2 this morning.
I found out a lot of messed up textures (night and blue texture in the middle of daylight textures) around the airport (GTA). I disabled the scenery and realized that was due to Flytampa cyyz itself.
I tried a clean reinstall but still the same...

Is the add on.xml has something to do differently between the v4.1 and v4.2?

PS: I also tried to install manually but I had then the black textures like shown by other members in the airport facility.

Thank you team for helping out !
JB
 martin[flytampa] (Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:08 am)

JBravo117 wrote:Hi gents,

I found out a lot of messed up textures (night and blue texture in the middle of daylight textures) around the airport (GTA). I disabled the scenery and realized that was due to Flytampa cyyz itself.

PS: I also tried to install manually but I had then the black textures like shown by other members in the airport facility.

JB

I'm not aware of any problem with CYYZ and the latest P3Dv4.2 build. Just tested it again to check, saw no issues. Its very important that the scenery is added via add-on.cfg method (the xml stuff). See CYYZ PDF manual in /Toronto/Docs/ on how to add it.

JBravo117 wrote:Hi gents,

JB

Do you have ORBX installed?

On the Avsim P3D forum, there have been other people suffering from night textures showing during the daytime after upgrading to P3D4.2.

Culprit apparently is ORBX Open LC, which needs to be uninstalled then reinstalled as per this thread.

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/531508-black-patches-42/

Thanks gents,
I was suspecting FTX global or OpenLC but this is only in GTA... and if I uninstall the cyyz scenery it is all fine...

I will have a look on the avsim thread.

Will continue my investigations!

Thank you

JB