Terrain issue

MikeG

Terrain issue

Post by MikeG » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks for a wonderful scenery. The attention to detail is just fantastic. I have been slewing around to check all parts of the scenery and found two places with issues on my system. FSX dx9. running with 5m mesh setting and the rest at max. Season is November.

The sound barrier to the west seems mismatched in colour and some tree placements are in the hill.

emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Terrain issue

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:14 am

Please make sure your FSX diplay settings are as belowl, and let me know if it is
any better.

Mesh Complexity (minimum 70)
Mesh Resolution (recommended 2m)
Level of Detail Radius: Large

The color mismatch I can see at the last image only (inner side of the hill), correct?

I also take it you are using the 'Autogen trees' option for automatic season switching. Unfortunately, some misplaced trees in this case can happen. If you see a lot of misplacement though, please drop a line here so we can correct after an update.
MikeG

Post by MikeG » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Emil

The ditch with rail tracks is also present with 2m mesh. My mesh complexity is at 100. Level of detail radius is at max.
The colour mismatch is only on the inside. I use custom autogen.
Will try your exact settings though.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:55 am

MikeG wrote:Hi Emil

The ditch with rail tracks is also present with 2m mesh. My mesh complexity is at 100. Level of detail radius is at max.
The colour mismatch is only on the inside. I use custom autogen.
Will try your exact settings though.
OK thanks. Do you have any other add-ons in the area?

e.g. FSDG Oresund Bridge? Scansim EKCH? any global mesh add-ons perhaps?
MikeG

Post by MikeG » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

I have FSGenesis mesh, FTX Global and LC installed. I uninstalled Scansim EKCH prior to installation. Also I have Denmark freeware scenery and Denmark X vector 2.1. Cannot get rid of the trench with any setting inside FSX. Must be a scenery conflict then.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:22 am

Indeed.
FTXGlobal and LC should not be a problem; i got that here as well without problems.

Try de-activating one at a time-see what you get:

1.FSGenesis first
2.Denmark freeware/vector scenery afterwards.

I suspect FSGenesis mesh might be where the 'problem' is though; if that's it, we can look into it with an updated terrain mesh file.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:58 am

You can try the attached file for the terrain elevation issue and see if it's fixed.
no need to de-activate any other add-on in this case.

Drop the attached file into:
Addon Scenery\Flytampa-Copenhagen_LC\scenery\

replace when asked.
Attachments
cvx_ekch_flatten.bgl
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
MikeG

Post by MikeG » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:29 am

That file did it. Thanks for your superb support. I did find out that it was the Denmark scenery v. 1.4 that was causing the trouble not FSGenesis. Trying to find the conflicting BGL was impossible since there are 480 files in the Denmark 1.4 scenery folder and none of the obvious like Amager_flatten.bgl.off worked.

Just love the animated traffic and trains. Now back to flying and some VAS management.