Cant Save flightplan

Pearskin

Cant Save flightplan

Post by Pearskin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:11 am

Hello Martin ... I have noticed this problem for quite a while now .... I am trying to create a simple flight plan with the basic Prepar3d flight plan sub-system. Simply flying from Fly-Tampa Montreal to Fly-Tampa Toronto using IFR Low Airways at 12000 ft. When the Save location shows up in the flight plans save option window the locations are colored PINK and I am not able to save the flight plan. I don't know how to fix this. This only happens with these two Fly-Tampa airports I think but I have not tested all Fly-Tampa variations.
Please can you help me.

Thank you
NBouc

Re: Cant Save flightplan

Post by NBouc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Pearskin, this is most probably because there is a "/" character in the file name to be saved or in the description field (Ex.: Montreal/Trudeau or Toronto/Pearson) . Windows considers this an invalid filename thus the pink color to alert you of that fact. Remove the "/" from both the file name and the description and you should be able to save the flight plan.

I always keep my file names as short as possible, such as "CYUL to CYYZ", but that's a personal choice.

Cheers

Normand
Pearskin

Re: Cant Save flightplan

Post by Pearskin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello Normand ..... That was it!!!! Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
Let me buy you a gin and tonic ...
\=/
_H_

Cheers
Pearskin.