Missing AI on roads & Highways

CYYZSimmer

Missing AI on roads & Highways

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 am

Superb scenery for FSX ! But dissapointed. I am getting no road or highway vehicle traffic in FSX for a rather large perimiter around the airport (including most of the island of Montreal). CYUL is surround by busy motorways and not having this effect looks awful. Please let me know what I did wrong in the install or please provide fix so that traffic is noted on all roadways. This is definitely something that should be fixed. Love all of your sceneries and this is the first time I have seen this issue. Thanks
trystanv

Re: Missing AI on roads & Highways

Post by trystanv » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 am

Thats weird, cause I see them all over the place and I'm running FSX
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 am

Have no idea why this is happening. I have checked the scenery cfg for conflicts and there are none that I know of. Previously, I had Blueprint Simulations CYUL but removed that entirely and rebooted FSX before loading FT's CYUL. There is no traffic on the photo scenery portions of the scenery and also to some extent on the default roads. I am running UT Canada.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 am

We actually removed them in favour of AES lite traffic.
If you would prefer the stock FSX traffic I might still have the old files somewhere if you'd like me to upload them?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 am

Here you go...
This file will add FSX style traffic back to the highways. It's the best I can do for now as adding too much traffic can slow down FSX.
Just replace the attached file with the one in your Flytampa Montreal\scenery folder. You have to unzip the file first & extract the file called cvxMONTREAL.BGL.

cvxMONTREAL.BGL. is the file you have to replace. Not the ZIP.

Also, if you wish to turn offf the AES-Lite traffic, go to the Fly Montreal folder & there you'll find is a program called CYUL-Traffic.exe. Run it & you will be presented with a map of CYUL. Untick the two Highway boxes & save. Very easy. :D
Attachments
Fly_Montreal_FSX_Traffic.zip
(580 Bytes) Downloaded 347 times
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 am

Thank You goerge. Will give this a try. Also.. I noticed the AES CYUL traffic module in the package and had all the boxes ticked . Even though I have that checked.. I am noticing no any airport or road traffic other than stock FSX airport vehicles. Will let you jnow if this works. Appreciate the quick reply :D
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 am

Hi George. Sorry still no traffic after I replced the BGL and unticked the 2 traffic boxes. Roads are devoid of traffic. I do not think it is a display sttings or memory issues... getting decent FPS. Hope you can fix?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am

you should see lots of AES vehicles moving around the terminal. trucks, baggage carts etc.
If not, then try un-installing & the re-install making sure Vistamare is ticked. Vistamare is an Aerosoft module that makes the cars work. One of my testers had the same problem & reinstalling fixed it.
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi George. I just did a complete uninstall and resinstall and still not seeing AES vehicles moving around the terminal. trucks, baggage carts etc.
You said to make sure Vistamare is "ticked". I know that I installed Vistamare but where in FSX is there an option to tick 'Vistamare'? Thx
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Vistamare is an option in our Flytampa Montreal installer. Its right down the bottom of the the installer options. Its on by default.
Maybe you have a firewall blocking it?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm

If Vistamare is installed corrently, you should notice FSX asks you to allow to run the DLL upon startup, with the options to not ask again message or block the DLL. Have you seen FSX ask this?
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Martin. No, FSX is not asking me if I want to run this DLL on start up
CYYZSimmer

Post by CYYZSimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

I just tried again to uninstall everything and do a fresh install. Still no cars on roadways or Airport AI (vehicles). No notification in start up asking if I want to run the Vistamare DLL. It is as if Vistamare is not working altogether or being ingnored by the system. When I check the drive, I see that it is in fact installed. VERY frustrating experience.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Do you have a bunch of files in the Fly_Montreal\scenery folder called. AESLite-CYUL-*.bgl?