CYUL Bugs

Menemeth
Posts: 49

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by Menemeth » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Hookie Dookie!
HootyHoo
Posts: 23

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by HootyHoo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Just wondering if these 2 things are normal.

First it appears there are 2 tanks under a bridge that traffic drive through
Image

Is there supposed to be another tunnel here? Traffic is tunneling.
Image

Seeing big black "X"'s in the sky sometimes.

Have never had any other CYUL installed. Actually this is my first Canada install besides FSDT's latest release. I do have GEX and UTX for Canada.

Thanks for you attention.

Oh, and if you choose to turn off the static aircraft, the bgl files are not turned off. Unless they are deactivated another way.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm

HootyHoo wrote:Just wondering if these 2 things are normal.

First it appears there are 2 tanks under a bridge that traffic drive through
Image

Is there supposed to be another tunnel here? Traffic is tunneling.
Image

Seeing big black "X"'s in the sky sometimes.

Have never had any other CYUL installed. Actually this is my first Canada install besides FSDT's latest release. I do have GEX and UTX for Canada.

Thanks for you attention.
The tunnelling traffic is normal as its in a discrete location. Not sure about the bridge, never noticed it mysef.
gaputz
Posts: 13

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by gaputz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

I also noticed the big "X's" over the airport but I only see them when I change views from the cockpit and a new piece of the scenery loads. They appear for only a fleeting second. I also have the autogen issue noted elsewhere. All small issues indeed.

This is an outstanding scenery and I want to join the other FS9 users and thank you very, very much for giving us one last opportunity to enjoy a new FlyTampa release. Bitter sweet, but how sweet it is! Thank you.

Greg
HootyHoo
Posts: 23

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by HootyHoo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:11 pm

It appears that if you uncheck the static aircraft box on setup that it doesn't disable the static aircraft. Or at least those 4 files aren't turned off unless its disabling them another way.

Thanks
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:19 pm

I'll look into that. FS9 right?

You can delete the static planes byr removing files..

Static_CRJ_1.bgl
Static_CRJ_2.bgl
Static_Heli1.bgl
Static_XP400.bgl
HootyHoo
Posts: 23

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by HootyHoo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I'll look into that. FS9 right?

You can delete the static planes byr removing files..

Static_CRJ_1.bgl
Static_CRJ_2.bgl
Static_Heli1.bgl
Static_XP400.bgl

FSX, Sorry I should have mentioned that.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 pm

No problem,

Filenames are the same for both version in this case.
Swag
Posts: 15

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by Swag » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi,

what an amazing scenery!!

But after a flight from the excellent Freeware CYVR scenery I get this...

I'm running a heavily modified FS9 using UT and FSGlobal 2005.
CYUL.JPG
CYUL.JPG (63.03 KiB) Viewed 6306 times
There were some other elevation issues around the threshold of 6L already which I managed to fix using a flatten in ADE. I'll try the same here but likely won't be able to do another long distance flight during the week and so I thought I'd let you know now.

Again, congratulations for another outstanding masterpiece!

Edit: I had a slew around the airport after the long distance flight and there are some more elevation oddities:
Elevation.jpg
Elevation.jpg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
Everything is nice and flat if I start out at CYUL.
umaier
Posts: 10

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by umaier » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

So, it's me with the runway problem again. I just deactivated the "cyul_rwy.bgl" in the FT CYUL scenery folder and now the transition from runway to taxiway and vice versa is smooth. Also the runway is still visible when I return from a little roundtrip.
What does that BGL File do, because I can't see any differnce if it's on or off.
When I have time I will fly to CYUL from a more distant airport to see if the issue will return, but I have my hopes up that it won't ;)

Hope that's the solution for my problem,

Cheers, Uli
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Swag wrote:Hi,

what an amazing scenery!!

But after a flight from the excellent Freeware CYVR scenery I get this...

I'm running a heavily modified FS9 using UT and FSGlobal 2005.


Again, congratulations for another outstanding masterpiece!

Edit: I had a slew around the airport after the long distance flight and there are some more elevation oddities:

Everything is nice and flat if I start out at CYUL.
The Ai planes(nice collection btw) are in the wrong parking spots. So i'd say theres a high chance you still have another old Montreal afcad active somewhere.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:39 pm

umaier wrote:So, it's me with the runway problem again. I just deactivated the "cyul_rwy.bgl" in the FT CYUL scenery folder and now the transition from runway to taxiway and vice versa is smooth. Also the runway is still visible when I return from a little roundtrip.
What does that BGL File do, because I can't see any differnce if it's on or off.
When I have time I will fly to CYUL from a more distant airport to see if the issue will return, but I have my hopes up that it won't ;)

Hope that's the solution for my problem,

Cheers, Uli
Hmmm, cyul_rwy.bgl. Those are the stock runway lights? You prefer those to the custom ones?
You won't have any runwaylights right now btw :)

Just rerun the installer if you wish to switch.
I'll get that files checked out too.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3307

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

umaier wrote:So, it's me with the runway problem again. I just deactivated the "cyul_rwy.bgl" in the FT CYUL scenery folder and now the transition from runway to taxiway and vice versa is smooth. Also the runway is still visible when I return from a little roundtrip.
What does that BGL File do, because I can't see any differnce if it's on or off.
When I have time I will fly to CYUL from a more distant airport to see if the issue will return, but I have my hopes up that it won't ;)

Hope that's the solution for my problem,

Cheers, Uli

Nice find. I'd have never suspected CYUL_rwy.bgl.

I've attached a fixed version. Just replace your local file.

Only use this file if you selected 'Default Runway Lights' in the installer. If not, you might have two sets of lights.
Attachments
cyul_rwy.BGL
(428 Bytes) Downloaded 608 times
umaier
Posts: 10

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by umaier » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:41 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:

Nice find. I'd have never suspected CYUL_rwy.bgl.

I've attached a fixed version. Just replace your local file.

Only use this file if you selected 'Default Runway Lights' in the installer. If not, you might have two sets of lights.
Thanks for the file, now everything works fine. Just to confirm, there are no lights on the centerline of runway 06R/24L?
I use the default (in my case replaced by REX) lights, because unfortunatelly your custom ones are blurry with my configuration (had the problem at Dubai too), something with MipMaps I think.

Have a nice evening and many thanks again,
Uli
Post Reply