CYUL Bugs

Cyanide72

CYUL Bugs

Post by Cyanide72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi gents,

Marvelous work on the scenery, but I've found the following two bugs that I wish to report for the FS2004 version.

1. All the gates are erroneously labeled as "Ramp Mil Cargo" in the Go to Airport screen.
2. ATC advises all aircraft to follow a blank taxiway. For example, ATC instructed that I "Taxi to runway 6R using taxiway (blank)". Same could be said for AI traffic at the airport irrespective of parking spots.

I've not noticed anything else that's particularly wrong with the scenery. Please don't get me wrong, I love how fantastic it looks and performs and it's a very welcome addition to my library. Hoping someone will tackle Ottawa soon as well as that's my hometown and I'll be all set with my Canadian sceneries.

Thanks!
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: CYUL Bugs

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Cyanide72 wrote:Hi gents,

Marvelous work on the scenery, but I've found the following two bugs that I wish to report for the FS2004 version.

1. All the gates are erroneously labeled as "Ramp Mil Cargo" in the Go to Airport screen.
2. ATC advises all aircraft to follow a blank taxiway. For example, ATC instructed that I "Taxi to runway 6R using taxiway (blank)". Same could be said for AI traffic at the airport irrespective of parking spots.

I've not noticed anything else that's particularly wrong with the scenery. Please don't get me wrong, I love how fantastic it looks and performs and it's a very welcome addition to my library. Hoping someone will tackle Ottawa soon as well as that's my hometown and I'll be all set with my Canadian sceneries.

Thanks!
I'll fix the Mil Cargo gates for you tomorrow. Its a left over from the FSX version where we need to use MIL Cargo gates to prevent Microsoft service vehicles appearing. It's not needed in FS9 & I forgot that. I'll fix the blank taxiway designations too if needed. Sorry about that.
Cyanide72

Post by Cyanide72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Many thanks for the prompt reply! I would appreciate the taxiway designations fixed as well if it's not too much of a hassle. Thanks again!
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

I was just looking at the charts again. It is possible to go from the terminal to runway 06R without hitting any Taxi designations. Its a little odd I know. See the picture below, no designations between apron & 06R.
Attachments
chartapron.jpg
chartapron.jpg (277.43 KiB) Viewed 7442 times
Cyanide72

Post by Cyanide72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I was just looking at the charts again. It is possible to go from the terminal to runway 06R without hitting any Taxi designations. Its a little odd I know. See the picture below, no designations between apron & 06R.
Well, that's a bit perplexing, lol. Nevermind then, realism works for me. :D
Jeff22

Post by Jeff22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 pm

I have tried re-installing twice but i got this problem

there's grey-purple-green-ish walls around the airport :(
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm

run the installer again & untick the mist option. Maybe try the 1024 textures if you are suffering from blur. They load faster & save memory. hope that helps.
Jeff22

Post by Jeff22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 pm

that seems to have worked thanks!
trystanv

Post by trystanv » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:33 am

Well actually they don't have any designations, but they are categorized You have the North and Center ramps, as well as the East, Center and West lanes for the western apron at the international/trans-border gates. Those names are used by Montreal Apron/Ground control in real life.
umaier

Post by umaier » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 am

Hi!

First of all many thanks for this wonderful airport!

I've encounterd following problem (using FS9):

When I start at CYUL everything is fine, I only notice a bump when taxiing on or off the runway (my FS Passengers don't really like this because of the "excesive G-Force").
I then did a little roundtrip around Montreal and when I landed, the runway just disappeard in front of me.

I think a similar phenomenon appeard for some users in the Dubai Reloaded scenery (was it connected to the different heights in the AFCAD that time ?).
Hope there is a solution for this, as this is really a fine peace of Addon.

Cheers,
Uli
ywg256

Post by ywg256 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 am

umaier wrote:Hi!

First of all many thanks for this wonderful airport!

I've encounterd following problem (using FS9):

When I start at CYUL everything is fine, I only notice a bump when taxiing on or off the runway (my FS Passengers don't really like this because of the "excesive G-Force").
I then did a little roundtrip around Montreal and when I landed, the runway just disappeard in front of me.

I think a similar phenomenon appeard for some users in the Dubai Reloaded scenery (was it connected to the different heights in the AFCAD that time ?).
Hope there is a solution for this, as this is really a fine peace of Addon.

Cheers,
Uli
interesting...maybe you have a terrain mash file installed somewhere that is causing this? I use FS9 with UT Canada and I have not seen this problem with any of the runways at CYUL.
umaier

Post by umaier » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

I'm using UT Canada too and also FS Global 2010.
Strange...
Menemeth

Post by Menemeth » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

Just for kicks, check to see if you have a duplicate CYUL AFCAD...
umaier

Post by umaier » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Menemeth wrote:Just for kicks, check to see if you have a duplicate CYUL AFCAD...
Thanks for the tip but I couldn't find any duplicate in the potential folders. A previously installed freeware of CYUL was completly removed and deleted.