no PAPI lights rwy 24R in P3dv4

Danira

no PAPI lights rwy 24R in P3dv4

Post by Danira » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 am

Hey George,

First of all I would like to say how much I like your work, not only Montreal, but also all the other beautiful airports! :) Then again I ran into some trouble today...

I just made the approach into Montreal (daytime) and I had no PAPI lights visible as i was approaching rwy 24R.

I noticed the PAPI lights of rwy 28 as a was taxiing to the gate.

I use P3d v4 and have installed the latest version of CYUL and the P3dv4 patch files as instructed. Have I made a mistake anywhere? :?

Hope you have an idea.

Greetings
Daniel
NBouc

Re: no PAPI lights rwy 24R in P3dv4

Post by NBouc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Daniel,

George will correct me if I am wrong, but in 2015 when FT CYUL 1.4 was released, the only runways with PAPIs at CYUL were 06R and 28 (as correctly depicted in the scenery). The current "Canada Flight Supplement" (August 2017) now shows that only runway 28 still has PAPI, probably because it is the only runway without an ILS approach. I don't know exactly when they were removed for runway 06R in real life.

So in my opinion, what you are seeing (or rather, not seeing) is normal and representative of CYUL airport at the time it was released.

Best regards,

Normand.
Danira

Post by Danira » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Normand,

thx for answering. Just checked my charts and it seems you're right about that :D

I'm just used to have PAPIs even at runways with working ILS, didn't think not having them IRL was an option :D
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Hey Guys,

Sounds right.
Last time I checked, there was only two PAPIs out of six rwy ends.