Low FPS in FS2004

paulof667

Low FPS in FS2004

Post by paulof667 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I just purchased the Dubai Rebooted for FS9 and even though the scenery is looking awesome I was quite shocked when I noticed how low my FPS was around the terminal/airport. I tried your Hong Kong demo and that didn't have any major impact on my FPS. So why is this happening? Usually my FPS is around 20-25 in add-on sceneries. If this can't be sorted out I want my money back. Is there any BGL files I can remove to make it more FPS-friendly maybe?

Kindly regards
Paulo
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Low FPS in FS2004

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 pm

We can't help much without your system specs.

But, check you don't have any older Dubai sceneries / afcads still loaded. Or insane amounts of AI aircraft.
paulof667

Post by paulof667 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 am

Where can I find old AFCAD files?

My specs are: AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400 + 3.20 GHz, 2 GB RAM.

(It's the terminal and airport which decreases my FPS, not the city buildings and such).

Do you recall installing other sceneries for Dubai? I doubt its a duplicate AFCAD issue now anyway.
Your system is just getting on a little bit.

What kind of videocard is in it? Updated the drivers?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 am

I doubt it's a afcad duplication problem now. Unless you recall installing any other Dubai scenery?

My computer is pretty mid range now, I7 2600K@4Ghz, Nvidia 4800GTX, 16gb Ram. I'm getting 55-70 fps slewing around the terminals.

Your PC is starting to get on a little bit don't you think? That probably accounts for the poor framerate.
What kind of videocard do you have? Is it running recent drivers?
paulof667

Post by paulof667 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am

I doubt the problems are caused by me having an old computer. I used to have the old Dubai scenery installed, I am not sure if it is 100% removed. If it is possible I am willing to use the old terminal buildings and keep the city surroundings from the scenery, maybe that will solve my FPS issue?

If this can't be fixed I would like to have my serial blocked and get my money back. Hope you understand.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Have a look in your Scenery Library within the FSX settings.
Scroll down that list & look for an older Dubai entry. Since you only bought the new Dubai yesterday it should be at the top of the listing, so ignore that one.
If you do find a second entry. Click the red tick mark next to it, press ok & restart fs9.
I don't think its possible or wise to pick & choose elements from both old & new sceneries.

Oh, I'm afraid old computers do run slow, its just the way is, but we might be able to get more out of yours yet.
paulof667

Post by paulof667 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:24 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Have a look in your Scenery Library within the FSX settings.
Scroll down that list & look for an older Dubai entry. Since you only bought the new Dubai yesterday it should be at the top of the listing, so ignore that one.
If you do find a second entry. Click the red tick mark next to it, press ok & restart fs9.
I don't think its possible or wise to pick & choose elements from both old & new sceneries.

Oh, I'm afraid old computers do run slow, its just the way is, but we might be able to get more out of yours yet.
I have checked the scenery library and it looks good there. What more can I do? As I said earler when I look at the city building and surroundings the FPS is fine, but when I look at the airport and terminal area the FPS drops to 15. Seems to be something there that doesn't please my computer.
vl1

Post by vl1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:54 pm

i also have the problem with FPS
I have dualcore 3.5Mhz and 4 gb ram

no problems with any other latest sceneries.

And whats more interesting the problem indeed is WITH THE TERMINAL, not the city.

i removed all city* files from scenery folder - 0.5fps increase.

something wrong with the terminals.... maybe buildings, maybe trees?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 pm

We'll look into it.
I've found something that might cause a slow down on older computers. Probably nothing but worth a try.
vl1

Post by vl1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:22 pm

removing all the veg files helped more than removing ALL the city files
imagine!
good thing, absence of the trees is not so noticeable in Dubai :)))

but still if u turn sight to the terminal -7fps immediately!!!!
Er!k

Post by Er!k » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:10 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:We'll look into it.
I've found something that might cause a slow down on older computers. Probably nothing but worth a try.
Always good to hear you make efforts to improve performance!
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

What Graphics card are you using? It maybe coping with the poly-count for the jetways etc.

I can make the Jetways pop-out on a certain distance in FS9, but not in a way that it will help fps while on the apron itself. This would be more about increasing fps when flying over the city with the airport in view from a certain distance.
D-7008

Post by D-7008 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello guys :)

I have got the same problem, but only when looking to the terminal or when flying over the city while looking to the airport... Around the city itself and when looking away from the terminal (while standing on ground) the frames are quite good.
I don't use such a good graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT630M), but on all my other airports I haven't got any problems with fps.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Replacement Jetways that pop out of view based on distance. Extract and replace files in
FS9/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Dubai/scenery/

Note this will likely make no difference when you are right on the apron, but it may increase performance when flying over the city with the airport in view. If you have AES-jetways for Dubai this will make no difference at all.
Attachments
flytampa-dubai-fs9-jetways.zip
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 693 times