In P3D V4: CTD when starting at Flytampa Dubai Rebooted.

Poniatowski1991

In P3D V4: CTD when starting at Flytampa Dubai Rebooted.

Post by Poniatowski1991 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 am

Hi guys,

When I start at Flytampa Dubai I get some strange CTD's after switching to outside view. I have no idea what is causing this?

It only occurs at Dubai. I also noticed there seems to be some conflict with SODE and GSX, they stop working.

Thanks in advance,

Peter
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: In P3D V4: CTD when starting at Flytampa Dubai Rebooted.

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:41 pm

This is in FSX? I have no idea at this point. For testing, try a default aircraft, turn of AI Traffic.
Poniatowski1991

Post by Poniatowski1991 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:36 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:This is in FSX? I have no idea at this point. For testing, try a default aircraft, turn of AI Traffic.
No, this is in P3D V4.
Poniatowski1991

Post by Poniatowski1991 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:52 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:This is in FSX? I have no idea at this point. For testing, try a default aircraft, turn of AI Traffic.
This happens with every aircraft. As soon as I load Flytampa Dubai Rebooted the sim CTD's. This happens also when I turn off Ultimate Live Traffic.

When I fly to Dubai in the sim, the problem does not occur. Only when starting there!
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:04 pm

No idea what it could be at this point, will have to see if other V4 users report similar issues.
Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi,

Today I installed Dubai and some others from FlyTampa on my new P3DV4 and tested each one inside and outside the aircraft. When testing Dubai, I got out of the aircraft and a CTD came some 5 seconds after.

FYI, my first CTD on P3DV4.

I tested again and nothing happened.

All the airports are patched for V4.

Best
Senchai

Post by Senchai » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Same here. I had it 3 times now when flying out of Dubai. Im on v4 too. THis happens when turning around the outside cam. But i cant tell if it happens inside too, since all 3 flights it happened i was outside.

When it crashes its either kernel.dll or menu.dll (win event viewer).

To be fair, for me it not only happens in Dubai. Last time i flew to EHAM i had a ctd too before it loaded the airport (i think, sometime while descending, around 20k feet). ANd it also happened at a non FlyTampa airport (forgot where).

My library is in the right order. It also doesnt happen all the time. Of course, whenever i try to make it happen, i cant.... Then if i start a real flight im gonne ctd for sure.

Also i made this pic one day, see attachment. There are 2 things to be noted. The water of course, and very far left, the buildings are all one un-textured grey. On that flight all was ok when i started on airport in the virtual cockpit. Buildings had textures. Then i wanted to look at Dubai from outside-view and saw this bug. 5 minutes later, CTD.
Attachments
fe2DE44.png
fe2DE44.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 7619 times
MoulDTR

Post by MoulDTR » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Hello Everyone.
I am suffering from the same issue.
Using P3Dv4, Dubai patches from the forum, Active Sky for P3D4 and ASCA, FSUIPC 5, FTX Global and PMDG 747. I get almost systematically a crash at OMDB, where it used to work properly in P3dv3. I will try to test more with other airplanes, but this issue only happens in Dubai (have many other airports from T2G, or TNCM and VHHX, don't experience that).
It seems that the CTD happends when trying to look at something by the end of the runways 12, on the South-East part of the airport. I got this on the ground when looking around the airport, or on approach to RW30L.
The CTD is brutal, no error messages or notification, P3D just vanishes. Nothing in Windows events logs either.
Last thing, I only tried at night. I need to check again during day.
MoulDTR

Post by MoulDTR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:20 pm

My bad, turns out some *papi*.bgl file were still in the scenery folder. Windows search is not as accurate as what you get on a smartphone now :?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 am

MoulDTR wrote:My bad, turns out some *papi*.bgl file were still in the scenery folder. Windows search is not as accurate as what you get on a smartphone now :?
you mean papi.bgl made it crash? thats not something we noticed at all. the reason to delete the papi bgls is more for visual aesthetic reasons.
TSC6440

Post by TSC6440 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Martin,
Similar issue with very low FPS.
I have a powerfull rig and usually run 29-32 FPS on FSDT, Flightbeam and others sceneries under P3DV4.
Just loaded OMDB plus + zip and delete all papi.bgl's
At OMDB gate, 9.5 fps
Lined up 30R, 4.0 fps
At 30 Nm outbound, 29 fps
Upon return to OMDB,
At 10 Nm, 11 fps
Touch down 30L, 4.5 fps,
On rwy, 4.1 fps
At gate F18, 9.5 fps
Haven't got a faintest clue on what's wrong as this scenery has been always one of the top with previous sim's.
Kind regards,
Jacques
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I haven't been able to replicate crashing or low fps here, if anything I see better fps in V4. Only idea I have is for you to disable Dubai features in the Config-Tool, as well as AI traffic and see if performance improves dramatically at some point.
TSC6440

Post by TSC6440 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:26 am

Martin,
Resolved after erasing shaders plus .cfg files on P3DV4 (roaming and local).
.cfg set again as per my settings and now fps are more or less at 30 on various locations related to OMDB scenery
Have a nice day,
Jacques
nbl5370

Post by nbl5370 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:43 pm

If you are using the work around for Ultimate traffic live then this is the problem. I had the same issue and when I uninstalled it and cleaned out all the dlls etc the problem with Dubai went away. I would suggest loading the new version of ultimate traffic live and I think your problem will be fixed. I was getting CTD and once I put the new V4 Ultimate traffic in it has been fine.