Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Athens

Hi,
i had to reinstall my FSX and now got the problem that my ground textures are flickering... it looks pretty much the same like here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6612
I have deactivated all other addons which currently are just 4 airports and Mytraffic but the problem persists. I reinstalled the Scenery several times, tried all different mesh resolution settings, tried to deactivate the athens_mesh.bgl as suggested in the other thread. Nothing helped. I dont have LGIR installed so this cant be the cause. I was using Athens since the day it has been released almost daily and never had an issue but now it seems i cant get rid of this no matter what I try.
It is not only on the runway.... its the same at Taxiways and the Apron.
Any suggestions?

2014-7-21_10-23-23-811.jpg
2014-7-21_10-23-23-811.jpg (943.59 KiB) Viewed 9562 times
 george[flytampa] (Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3281 | Location: Southampton, UK
I can't think of anything other that the usual afcad conflict.

Have you installed anything new this time round? Any new global terrain packages?

Is this DX10 or 9?

It is DX9.
i have FTX Global & vector & openLc europe and FS Global Ultimate. i deactivated all of them but nothing changed. I also removed Mytraffic completely from the scenery library to be sure no AFCAD is conflicting. aldo checked with the scruffyduck tool.
i dont believe it is a different afcad since the markings on both layers are exactly identical. the only difference is that the lower level ground textures around the aircraft are darker than the others which i think are the normal ground textures. but besides that difference they are a perfect copy of each other.

its really strange...i reibstalled it at least 8 times now. so i went ahead and tried it on a completely fresh FSX and i have the same error there.
But i know for sure that everythibg worked fine until i had to reinstall FSX. i even used the very same installer which i still had in my download folder.
During all my tests within tze last 2 days i had it working correctly once and that was when there seemed to be a mesh error at LGAV (all the area at the terminal and below the bridges was flat). when that happened the ground textures where fine. i then changed the mesh resolution to 1. result...mesh error was gone at LGAV but the texture flickering was back.
 george[flytampa] (Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm)

Hmm, those FTX products must have some elements still active prehaps.

Anyway. I've compiled a new ground file. Just copy it into your FlyAthens/scenery folder & replace the original.
Let me know if it works.
Taxiway_Overlay.bgl
(286.84 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

This file worked! Thanks a lot. Its great to be able to see LGAV in all its glory again ;)
 george[flytampa] (Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:34 pm)

Great. Thanks for letting us know.

Was having exact same issue with same addons.

Thanks a lot for the BGL George!

Hello guys, I am using FSX with UTX Global Base and UTX Global EU, my Athens version is 1.5 as I am still waiting for support to send me the link to download 1.6.

As you can see in my screenshot I have those black patches around and in the airport area. I have downloaded the .bgl file posted above, and I have placed it in the scenery folder and replaced the original one, but unfortunately that didn't help at all.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance.

Mario
LGAV flicker.jpg
LGAV flicker.jpg (836.62 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
 george[flytampa] (Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 am)

Hey Mario, try turning off ground scenery shadows & dx10 preview if you are using it.

I just installed P3D v 3.3.5 and Athens 1.6.
I have a problem with ground textures same as first picture.
The file u provide its not helping.
Any idea?
 george[flytampa] (Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:03 pm)

k4cz0rpl wrote:I just installed P3D v 3.3.5 and Athens 1.6.
I have a problem with ground textures same as first picture.
The file u provide its not helping.
Any idea?

Did it work before the P3D update?

I dont know.My first P3D version.I never used it for P3D before.

Hey FlyTampa.
So here is some clue about flickering.
After disabling this file (F:\P3D\FlyTampa\Athens\scenery\AFX_LGAV) to .off I manage to have this insteady of picture from 1 post.So I can see athens as prioryty but old scenery too or default.
Imagescreenshot on pc

I used ADE 1.65 to change elevation for airport.I switched from 93.878 to 92.878.Airport looks perfect and its working but...mesh is still one meter below texture so airplanes are sink in to the texture.
I will have to find out what causing this error.
Im using FS Global ultimate and FTX Global+LC+Vector.
FTX Global in vector airport configurator do not have entry's for athens.
I do not installed AFM from FS global so something else is causing this problem.I will try to find a solution because Im strongly believe its FTX Global.