Athens + Orbx

carloscq

Athens + Orbx

Post by carloscq » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello George

I wonder if you could assist here.

The bgl in the Land Class folder named lgav_lc.bgl, is responsible for producing the elevation effect in the highway that splits the airport, which by the way is awesome. The problem is that if you leave it active it creates a sort of night textures in Athens city ground. If you put it off then those awful ground textures disappear but also the highway effect which I'm not willing to sacrifice.
How can I fix this as it is clearly identified that it is this bgl the one that causes the issue? I have all Orbx products that affect the area (global, Europe land class, vector, lights, etc)

Thank you in advance
Carlos
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Athens + Orbx

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am

A file called Zgav*.* controls the elevation of the road through the middle.
The landclass file can be removed I think. It mostly cleaned up the old Athens airport.
carloscq

Post by carloscq » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am
A file called Zgav*.* controls the elevation of the road through the middle.
The landclass file can be removed I think. It mostly cleaned up the old Athens airport.
Hello George
Thank you for replying
But why the highway in the middle of the airport turns flat is I disable the landclass bgl?
Could this be related to Vector?

Regards,

Carlos
carloscq

Post by carloscq » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello George

Like Britney says, just did it again, and worked. Disabled the LC folder and the highway remained with the effect, weird as it didn't work before.
Maybe needed a refresh of scenery or to be made before the start, but anyway it works, no black textures on the ground of Athens and highway effect, sorry to bother you.

Cheers

Carlos
carloscq

Post by carloscq » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Draken_35J wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:05 pm
It's true that the Athens airport is a little bit weak in terms of design constistency, sadly... I'm not asking to smell the scent of fresh gyros through my screen, to have every single one of these villas in Greece detailed down to every olive tree leaf, or to see Zeus if I fly high enough, but it'd be great if the city received a little bit more love.
That would be amazing like in Corfu. Love that scenery but it would be more like a cityscape which is more Orbx or DD style, as the airport is not within it. But it would be great to have an Athens City but let's do finish Las Vegas first :-)
fpeter

Post by fpeter » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:23 am

Hi everyone,
Athen, made long ago, not according to today's requirements…
Very fit, a complete renovation!
Many people are waiting for this…
Promise has already been said ... but as I look at the improvements,for that, you have to wait a lot…
I am one of those who wait and do not experiment and accept any compromises…
Yes, we want an Athen airport that matches today's parameters…
Best Regards,
Peter
carloscq

Post by carloscq » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Thank you Peter!