FlyTampa Ortho4XP tool

jalex

Re: FlyTampa Ortho4XP tool

Post by jalex » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am

Dear FlyTampa
As a user of your fantastic sceneries since FSX, I now recently updated my collection with Corfu, Thessaloniki and Athens. All the sceneries are superb, but since I am also using Orthos for Greece, I have the last week had a lot of trouble using your conversion program. I am pretty well skilled in the area of computers, and I am using the latest version of the conversion and readme file, Still the conversion program doesn’t do the job. The py program starts and recognizes the tile (+37+23), but then it stops. I have tried many different solutions including disabling my security program, but to now help. I couldn’t get it to work with Thessaloniki either, but here I opted for the DEM file which worked ok.

Her is my request: would you please make the new Photopolys4Flytampa files available for download. I see now reason why you couldn’t do so. Alternate make DEM file Athens.

Best regards and greeting from Tromso. Norway!
Yannis[flytampa]

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am

jalex wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am
Dear FlyTampa
As a user of your fantastic sceneries since FSX, I now recently updated my collection with Corfu, Thessaloniki and Athens. All the sceneries are superb, but since I am also using Orthos for Greece, I have the last week had a lot of trouble using your conversion program. I am pretty well skilled in the area of computers, and I am using the latest version of the conversion and readme file, Still the conversion program doesn’t do the job. The py program starts and recognizes the tile (+37+23), but then it stops. I have tried many different solutions including disabling my security program, but to now help. I couldn’t get it to work with Thessaloniki either, but here I opted for the DEM file which worked ok.

Her is my request: would you please make the new Photopolys4Flytampa files available for download. I see now reason why you couldn’t do so. Alternate make DEM file Athens.

Best regards and greeting from Tromso. Norway!
please run the tool this way: press Win+R, type cmd /k and then drag&drop the script into the shell window. It should stay open, after the error occurs. Copy and paste here the error from the window.
jalex

Post by jalex » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 am

Tanks for your very quick respons.

Reading one of the threads in the forum, I see that I need to tick a couple of boxes when installing ImigaMagic. Ten minutes ago I reinstalled, and suddenly the conversion program works!! Guess it would be of great help if the readme file also told us to.

Well - the conersion program is working in the background now and I am very excited!

Thanks again for support - and for your great work!
Yannis[flytampa]

Post by Yannis[flytampa] » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:57 am

jalex wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 am
Tanks for your very quick respons.

Reading one of the threads in the forum, I see that I need to tick a couple of boxes when installing ImigaMagic. Ten minutes ago I reinstalled, and suddenly the conversion program works!! Guess it would be of great help if the readme file also told us to.

Well - the conersion program is working in the background now and I am very excited!

Thanks again for support - and for your great work!
nice! the readme file is updated though ;)
jalex

Post by jalex » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks again Yannis!
I am a happy man now! I have tested both Tessaloniki and Athens. Both work great after the conversion. Absolute stunning airports!

My mistake about the readme file. I didn't see the last note in the readme file. However - would it not be better to place this advice as part of the text about requirements and installation of imageMagick??

Keep up the good work!
tommo63

FlyTampa Ortho4XP tool tile alignment issue

Post by tommo63 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 pm

I have recently purchased Athens for XPlane and ran the tool to convert the 37+23 Ortho4XP tile as per the instructions. However I am finding that the 37+23 and 38+23 don't seem to align correctly when viewing the airport at a distance in XPlane - see blue strip in lower portion of the attached image which is a minor blemish on otherwise fantastic scenery.

Basically in the scenery.ini file I have disabled the mesh file provided with the Athens scenery and am using the converted 37+23 tile along with the Ortho4XP tiles for 37+24, 38+23 & 38+24. All my Ortho4XP tiles were created at ZL16.

If I disable the FlyTampa Athens files and the converted Ortho4XP tile, go back to the default XPlane Athens and use all the 4 Ortho4XP tiles then I don't get this alignment issue.

Any ideas to fix this would be gratefully appreciated.
Attachments
athens.jpg
athens.jpg (155.04 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Seth

Post by Seth » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi

as i am having also floating objects everywhere in LGAV + Haunted-scary bridges, tried the FlytampaOrth4xp tool but with out ImageMagick and obviously didnt work. I would appreciate if someone could let me know which edition i need to download.
I see some rpm ??? files there etc.

Update: Ok, downloaded correct ImageMagick , LGAV now looks great !

thanks