Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Athens

Hello everyone.

I know this has been discussed a lot but i cannot seem to find a solution. I tried everything. I tried playing with FSX settings, i tried the Texture_Overlay.bgl replacement that i found here on another thread with the same flickering problem at Athens...

I am out of ideas! I have nothing, nothing else installed except Aerosoft A320, FSGRWX, RexTD4 with Soft Clouds and Heraklion Airport. It is a fresh installed of FSX Deluxe Ed. after formatting the computer.

Please, if someone has any ideas and can help respond.

Thanks for your time reading this
problem athens.jpg
problem athens.jpg (236.73 KiB) Viewed 819 times
 george[flytampa] (Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:29 am)

Site Admin | Posts: 2956 | Location: Southampton, UK
Could you try disabling Heraklion Airport, reloading FSX & let me know if that helps.

Ok. I will do it and let you know here

So, i tried the thing you suggested and nothing changed. I even uninstalled FSDG-Heraklion but the same issue occurs. I tried taking another photo...it is like the ground underneath is trying to pop up.

At this point i do not know what to do. After 7 years of FSX this is the first time i encounter something similar that i cannot seem to fix. The worst part is that it is sooo frustrating for me because i fly to LGAV very very very often...

If you have something else in mind please let me know or else i ll just let it go and cry a bit :P
athens problem.png
athens problem.png (2.21 MiB) Viewed 789 times
 george[flytampa] (Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:51 pm)

Is it like that if you start a flight from Athens?
What is FSGRWX?

Can you try disabling all the third party addons in your scenery Library to see if that helps. Just temporarily.
Not the aircraft or weather addons. Just airport sceneries or meshes.

If i depart from Athens its not like that.

FSGRW is a weather engine.

I do not have any meshes and other airports installed except from Aerosoft Heraklion.

Could it be a corrupt installer? or not

So nothing new. However i tried a few other things...

I unistalled everything and reinstalled it from the beggining. This time however i went with the normal FSX CD rather than the FSX deluxe Ed. Nothing new to that. The ground textures are still flickering and default ones are replacing those from FlyTampa Athens.

The last thing i wanna try (if possible)...i tried installing the Texture_Overlay.bgl from another post here and the issue actually got worse. So, perhaps if you reverse or change or idk something in that Texture_Overlay.bgl file maybe it will work with my specific issue no? I mean if it got worse then the other way around it might be better no? I don't know i am just saying stuff.

Thanks for the help btw and the time you spent with my issue.
 george[flytampa] (Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:24 pm)

Do you have the FSX service packs installed. SP1 & SP2?

I found some other threads similar to your issue that might help. Please let me know if you get a positive result.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8053
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6612

Hello again and happy new year!

I am sorry to post after all this time but "life" happened. Anyway, just an update on the texture flickering problem...the only solution i found out so far is as soon as you land and exit the rwy, reload the scenery (deselect/load, reselect/load) in the scenery library and all work fine after that. No clue why that happens but its the only solution i found out so far after trying almost every possible thing suggested in the forums here.

Thanks again for your product. Happy new year